Excuse me, but after reading Presser at 3 comments, | Syracusefan.com

Excuse me, but after reading Presser at 3 comments,

stuckinbig11

All American
about 8-10 pages of them, I found the video of the actual presser, watched it all, and have concluded that many or most of the posts I read were written by ill-informed, ill-meaning #%#s who did not listen to the presser. John and JB were both very straightforward and honest. JB was mildly humorous and genuinely sincere in his comments. This is a tough time for all, and I am proud of the professional manner in which it was handled.

Last edited:
I read all with a rock of salt. Going by people that actually say something and remembering the names helps. The rest rise and fall with each win/loss/ event and non event.

about 8-10 pages of them, I found the video of the actual presser, watched it all, and have concluded that many or most of the posts I read were written by ill-informed, ill-meaning #%#s who did not listen to the presser. John and JB were both very straightforward and honest. JB was mildly humorous and genuinely sincere in his comments. This is a tough time for all, and I am proud of the professional manner in which it was handled.

I agree. So many people have their crappy agendas which shade every comment they make. I suppose all are Syracuse fans but sometimes I highly doubt it. Complaining about this, complaining about that. Really sad bunch at times.

since that one's locked (and I stopped a few pages in and prob not gonna read the rest), I'll ask this here.

who was the recruit who was told Boeheim wouldn't coach him? he said it was a league school that has had 3 coaches since

Unreal about the obvious agenda by some. Its page after page of miserable negativity, biotching and moaning, with no let up. Personally, I think this was handled about as well as it could be under the circumstances, conspiracy theories notwithstanding.
I'm glad Wildhack acted quickly, and by all accounts, the relationship between JB and Coach Hop has NOT been irreparably damaged. Hop gets a fresh start close to home and his parents, and we get JB for a few more years...y'know, the guy who actually built the damn program? Wildhack will also have an opportunity to handpick the program's successor without being locked into some prior deal.
Why can't some folks just accept this as a win-win on all sides?

Word, amen.

Agreed. The board is turning into...well, nevermind. I already got a warning for who knows what. As posters blast every aspect of our program.

We are fine, the sky isn't falling, and SU hoops is in a good place. Another winning season is on the way. I'll leave it at that. It's almost 7:30, so I may get banned for sticking up for JB, and our future. It must be my opinions on GMac that got someone's panties in a bunch

since that one's locked (and I stopped a few pages in and prob not gonna read the rest), I'll ask this here.

who was the recruit who was told Boeheim wouldn't coach him? he said it was a league school that has had 3 coaches since
My immediate thought was Tyler Cavanaugh. Obviously, Wake has only had 2 coaches since he committed, & subsequently transferred after Bzdelik "resigned", but JB has been known to take liberties with details. He probably meant that they've had 3 coaches since 2010.