exibition game on Halloween :( | Syracusefan.com

exibition game on Halloween :(

sherrillcuse

Past IGGY Winner
So I got my schedule for the rest of this year for the Carrier Dome to see when we are available to work. Why the heck would they schedule an exibition basketball game against Lemoyne on Halloween? That is the best holiday of the year for me. I will be at home ready for 5-600 kids at my house that night. That would about eliminate anyone with a kid under say 12 from going to the game because the kids will want to go Trick or Treating. I guess I'll miss watching a basketball game for the 1st time in about 20 years that night :(

Last edited:
So I got my schedule for the rest of this year for the Carrier Dome to see when we are available to work. Why the heck would they schedule an exibition basketball game against Lemoyne on Halloween? That is the best holiday of the year for me. I will be at home ready for 5-600 kids at my house that night. That would about eliminate anyone with a kid under say 12 from going to the game because the kids will want to go Trick or Treating. I guess I'll miss watching a basketball game for the 1st time in about 20 years that night :(

There's another exhibition a few days prior. You'll be alright. ;)

I live in Ohio now, and they have all these weird “rules” where kids go trick-or-treating on specific days (often not Halloween) and there is a literal curfew or end time to when kids are allowed to go door-to-door. It was a completely foreign concept to me as a native Syracusa, but translates to me watching the game with no problems:rolling:

I will be at home ready for 5-600 kids at my house that night.
I like Halloween as much as the next guy but not if I got 600 kids at my house. Sounds like a good excuse to dress up like War Damn Otto.
warotto-jpg.3547

I live in Ohio now, and they have all these weird “rules” where kids go trick-or-treating on specific days (often not Halloween) and there is a literal curfew or end time to when kids are allowed to go door-to-door. It was a completely foreign concept to me as a native Syracusa, but translates to me watching the game with no problems:rolling:
Will it be on tv? In the olden days it would be, but nowadays...?

I never understood adults getting so into Halloween. To each their own.
Rest easy, it's not a real game, so streak is in tact.

I never understood adults getting so into Halloween. To each their own.
Rest easy, it's not a real game, so streak is in tact.

It’s easy for me to make a decision as I can’t stand Halloween — even with kids. That said it is an unusual schedule. They should do something for kids coming to the game. Maybe a years supply of those nasty orange peanuts.

It’s easy for me to make a decision as I can’t stand Halloween — even with kids. That said it is an unusual schedule. They should do something for kids coming to the game. Maybe a years supply of those nasty orange peanuts.
Halloween is one of the great creative holidays. 'Was my favorite for many reasons back in the day.
Oh, and I'd better not let my wife see your comment on the orange Circus peanuts as that is one of her favorites.

Halloween is one of the great creative holidays. 'Was my favorite for many reasons back in the day.
Oh, and I'd better not let my wife see your comment on the orange Circus peanuts as that is one of her favorites.
Love circus peanuts

Do you live in Ohio, USA, or Ohio, some weird timeline in which the Soviets won?

Yeah I'm a bit nutty!
I don't have accesss to last years here at work but this is my display a couple years ago. it gets bigger every year.
I can top that w/ a lot less work. The trick is to hand out tooth paste on Halloween ('18), and then set it up in July ('19), leave it up for a month or two.

Also, to really seal the deal, invent a religion, and zealously visit your neighbors starting at 7:30 am every Saturday in the month of October. And, the following goes without saying, but do NOT be afraid to ring door bells...

Adults, children, and everyone in between will be terrified of you. Kids will think that you're a witch who ruins fun, adults will think you're off your rocker, and teens will know you're coming for them bright and early on Nov. 1st.

I hate everything that you stand for.

LONG LIVE HALLOWEEN!

Do you live in Ohio, USA, or Ohio, some weird timeline in which the Soviets won?
Are those two different things?;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom