extension: 6 years | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

extension: 6 years

Hack and Shafer need raises, as do Timmy Daoust & Greg Adkins. Marrone will get his don't you worry about that, but we need to focus on those guys.

Hack and Shafer need raises, as do Timmy Daoust & Greg Adkins. Marrone will get his don't you worry about that, but we need to focus on those guys.

With the ACC money about to start, I'm sure the assistant coaches will be well taken care of as well.

Cheers,
Neil

With the ACC money about to start, I'm sure the assistant coaches will be well taken care of as well.

Cheers,
Neil

I agree with you guys, take care of the men that helped get you there and have been working hard. People seem to be infatuated with Hackett press wise right now so my guess is that he may move on if the place/$ is right. That's what young coordinators do when they have success.

While I am not a big Marrone fan yesterday probably locked up an extension for the sake of continuity (although I'd love to see SU wipe out Temple first as I have seen the performance roller coaster before and like some, I feel like this team has been coached down in bad losses as much it one might argue for DM ). That said, there is no reason to throw the higher numbers listed out here at him. I just do not see Marrone being a hot coaching commodity at bigger programs willing to pay more. Thus there is no reason to bid against yourself. Make him happy with a longer term rather than higher dollars. $1.6/$1.7M is a nice raise and is in line with second tier of ACC coaches. There is no reason to go beyond that now.

I'd be a little concerned about keeping this staff together after this year.

Yes, this is more pressing issue than Doug. Need to keep the key guys around for a few years to sustain the momentum we seem to have right now.

Geez remind me to never invite people from this board to the negotiation table.

Coach merits an extension. His family won't go hungry.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom