Class of 2020 - F Jyare Davis (DE) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 F Jyare Davis (DE) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24)

As a backup McLeod is a valuable piece. I think this could be a good frontcourt.
he's a great 3rd stringer...kinda weak 2nd stringer, imo
I don’t think Leffew would be big enough name to be considered a domino. Might be Malik Mack
domino doesnt denote value...it means a player is commiting

but yeah i hope it is Mack too!

he's a great 3rd stringer...kinda weak 2nd stringer, imo
Maybe his foot was bothering him all year? Otherwise I’m with you. Didn’t see much that makes me think he adds anything to speak of unless they can play some sort of zone that keeps him around the basket for 6-7 mins/half. When he gets pulled away from the basket defensively we’re in huge trouble.

He also attempted like 30 FGs in 200 mins. I know, I know, entry passes etc. but I just don’t think he’s got a ton on the offensive end either.

If he just wasn’t healthy or improved a lot and I’m way off, that’s great. Hope he does. Hard for me to envision though

Maybe his foot was bothering him all year? Otherwise I’m with you. Didn’t see much that makes me think he adds anything to speak of unless they can play some sort of zone that keeps him around the basket for 6-7 mins/half. When he gets pulled away from the basket defensively we’re in huge trouble.

He also attempted like 30 FGs in 200 mins. I know, I know, entry passes etc. but I just don’t think he’s got a ton on the offensive end either.

If he just wasn’t healthy or improved a lot and I’m way off, that’s great. Hope he does. Hard for me to envision though
that surgery kinda made me wonder if his slowness was injury related but he tried to play through it...

near the basket he is good...hopefully there is some kind of scheme the coaches can work for him bc when he gets dragged away from the hoop he becomes a huge liability imo

he can finish though...hes not uncoordinated

there are tools there no doubt

the spped of thought needed as last line of defense needs to drastically improve too

This is legitimate.

Coach Autry said McLeod's foot was irritated and that was why he didn't play much against Georgetown on 12/9/2023.

It just got worse from there.

Look at Naheem's playing time and performance from the Georgetown game forward. He literally did not score a basket from that point forward. And if you watched him closely, he was noticeably slower to react, and less mobile.

We saw a bad version of him that last month he played and I think a lot of people are thinking that version is who he really is. I think the numbers from the games before Georgetown are a better indicator of what he can do with he is 100%.

This is legitimate.

Coach Autry said McLeod's foot was irritated and that was why he didn't play much against Georgetown on 12/9/2023.

It just got worse from there.

Look at Naheem's playing time and performance from the Georgetown game forward. He literally did not score a basket from that point forward. And if you watched him closely, he was noticeably slower to react, and less mobile.

We saw a bad version of him that last month he played and I think a lot of people are thinking that version is who he really is. I think the numbers from the games before Georgetown are a better indicator of what he can do with he is 100%.

100%. If McLeod is healthy he will play 8-12 minutes most games. He is perfect for that role. Can make an impact. Guys on the team really like him. In my opinion it’s no coincidence that chemistry seemed to get worse when Naheem was hurt.

100%. If McLeod is healthy he will play 8-12 minutes most games. He is perfect for that role. Can make an impact. Guys on the team really like him. In my opinion it’s no coincidence that chemistry seemed to get worse when Naheem was hurt.
Exactly. He's a fine backup and will do great in that role and hopefully stay healthy.

What if the other team misses but we never get the rebounds?
I think we all know the answer to that. We watched it play out that way all too often this year.

Be Quiet Fred Armisen GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
God dang it. I said shhhhh. Who told the outlets that Davis is visiting.

I kid lol