Class of 2020 - F Jyare Davis (DE) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 F Jyare Davis (DE) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/15/24)

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

That being said. This kid being our first forward off the bench is a HUGE plus. I can see this kid being a 10ppg and 7rpg kind of player off the bench…Davis and Westry will be our two main guys off the bench if I had to guess. With McLeod strictly backing up Lampkin

I like everything about this kids game. We don’t have anyone with his skill set. I wouldn’t assume he comes off the bench. Players earn their time. A lot can happen between now and November. I like that Red is bringing in toughness and experience.

I like everything about this kids game. We don’t have anyone with his skill set. I wouldn’t assume he comes off the bench. Players earn their time. A lot can happen between now and November. I like that Red is bringing in toughness and experience.
Five others are being told they will start though.

So I would not say that this guy Davis is just an "off the bench " option, I could see him getting starts. I mean 17 points and 8 boards a game is pretty damn good. The top 5 start. This guy brings competition.
I hope the transfers come in and set the tone for toughness. We need to change the culture.

Starts over Freeman or Bell? No chance.
No chance? Bold take there. Bell better up the other parts of his game and he better maintain his 3 point percentage doing it. Davis needs to up his 3 pt percentage I get it but he basically does everything else better. Agree he is not over Freeman.

PC seems pretty confident too?
Seems odd that he’d go back to a school he already left once

Also, since he redshirted in 2021, does he have two years left if he gets the COVID year for that?

I hope the transfers come in and set the tone for toughness. We need to change the culture.
these lower league guys getting their chance in the p5, gotta think they will be HUNGRY and hardworkers...set the tone in practice and the lockerroom, at the bar minimum...which, from the sound of it, would be the opposite of what we just witnessed this season

all in theory, though, obviously

No chance? Bold take there. Bell better up the other parts of his game and he better maintain his 3 point percentage doing it. Davis needs to up his 3 pt percentage I get it but he basically does everything else better. Agree he is not over Freeman.
I don't think it's that bold knowing the organizations involved with Freeman and Bell.

What would we imagine this kid gets in NIL money? $100K?

I'm hoping this kid knows he's not going to start but is confident enough that he will carve out a big role on a really good team.
I have to imagine it's quite clear what his role is. With the portal the players know BS I would think.