Class of 2015 - F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse

Wow! Maybe Tyler didn't like sitting around with no games either! :)

It seems a lot of fans are expecting Tyler to redshirt. I have to say though he reminds me a little bit of CJ in the aspect that I could see him performing well when his number gets called and getting more and more time because of it. He can shoot and despite his lack of weight he has a good frame and really goes after it. If he shows the staff he can play the wing in early practices I find it hard to believe he redshirts especially when we will be losing starting SF and 2G to graduation after his freshman season. Its will be very nice to have a shooting forward that got some experience the previous season to help the backcourt to spread the floor.

His athleticism and shooting ability remind me of Southerland. Hopefully he can put the ball on the floor better. He's definately more aggressive than Dirty on the boards though.

His athleticism and shooting ability remind me of Southerland. Hopefully he can put the ball on the floor better. He's definately more aggressive than Dirty on the boards though.
Good call, I see a lot of similarities, but like you say, big plus is his rebounding. And hopefully, he can put the ball on the floor for more than one bounce. :D

Wow! Maybe Tyler didn't like sitting around with no games either! :)

It seems a lot of fans are expecting Tyler to redshirt. I have to say though he reminds me a little bit of CJ in the aspect that I could see him performing well when his number gets called and getting more and more time because of it. He can shoot and despite his lack of weight he has a good frame and really goes after it. If he shows the staff he can play the wing in early practices I find it hard to believe he redshirts especially when we will be losing starting SF and 2G to graduation after his freshman season. Its will be very nice to have a shooting forward that got some experience the previous season to help the backcourt to spread the floor.
In the games that I've seen of him what I love that he does which is similar to T-Rob, is that even if he can't get the rebound he's always keeping the possession alive by tipping it out to teammates. I don't think a lot of fans realize how many 2nd chance points we've racked up this year because of that. Good to see we'll have another player coming in with the same hustle and instincts on the boards.

In the games that I've seen of him what I love that he does which is similar to T-Rob, is that even if he can't get the rebound he's always keeping the possession alive by tipping it out to teammates. I don't think a lot of fans realize how many 2nd chance points we've racked up this year because of that. Good to see we'll have another player coming in with the same hustle and instincts on the boards.

Agreed Tyler makes everyone else rebound better because he has to tap 4 a game to our other guys. Plus these type of rebounders drive the other coaches crazy and they will beat it into their guys to put a body on them, block them out ect. meanwhile Rak and G are feasting on the leftovers. Great to hear about Tyler L being proficient at this as well. My biggest take away from what I have seen is that he has the want to and doesn't shy from contact at all.

Agreed Tyler makes everyone else rebound better because he has to tap 4 a game to our other guys.
Dennis Rodman's gonna do what Dennis Rodman's gonna do.
Signed,
Dennis Rodman

Lydon just caught a nice alley oop with the two handed flush!
New Hampton has an 8 point lead at the half against St. Andrews.

This isn't on TV anywhere, is it? I've been searching around for it just in case.

Lydon just whiffed on a couple of loose ball plays, but made up for it altering a couple of shots into bricks and near air ball. Playing good defense. Tough to find a niche at New Hampton as when I usually watch, they rotate players in and out and often. They're always loaded.

He just got it in the post, passed to the guard for a step into three and hit it.

That was sweet. He nearly lost the ball but held on with one hand and slammed it with two in the end, but he hung in the air on that one.

Oh my. Just penetrated from the three point line and posterized his man with a two handed tomahawk. They replayed it twice already.
How long before the video makes its way here?

How long before the video makes its way here?
Not sure if they post to a youtube channel, but sometimes they keep the stream around for days. You should check it out, just gave an email address and I was in.

I have to say. They do get Lydon in there a bunch. He played for a long stretch, checked out and seemed to come back in 2-3 plays later.

New Hampton is stretching it out a bit now, up 13 and on the line for 2 more.

I really like the decision making by Tyler. I know people have said he defers to much, but that's not what I am seeing at all. Saw him penetrate a few times and nearly got his look, but it wasn't there. He had the mind to find a better shot by passing out. When he has the ball, he is scanning to find a better shot as the defense collapses. Looks like part him, part coaching -- getting the players to share the ball and find the best shot.

Just got in the low post and got to the line for a couple.

I have to be completely fair. Here's the flip side. Lydon will need to get stronger. Cheapy foul and missed a few boards due to this. But it will come. He's young and has time to build muscle.

Again, with the (Clyde the Glyde says) nasty stuff! Another two handed brutality. Great dunker.

I missed most of the first half, so I am guessing he must be in double digits by now, at least a few rebounds I saw. Many athletic plays and happy to say a few good passes by the big man.