Fab 5 in 2013? | Syracusefan.com

Fab 5 in 2013?

djdan

Walk On
I'm sure there's info on the pay side, but I'm a lowly free dweller so I'm hoping for some thoughts on the chances of Dakari Johnson selecting us when he announces his decision tonight. I always go into this things just assuming that "UK" will be shaved into the recruit's head somewhere so I'm not overly optimistic but man, our 2013 would really be something with his addition. On the other hand, would that mean that McCullough would not have the ability to reclassify to 2013?

Our chances were better if he pushed back his announcement until the spring.

if you look at the top 25 classes, there are quite a few teams bringing in 5 or more players.

Announcing early after meeting with WWW. The early announcement all but eliminates us. Its UK.

This is all well covered in the bball recruiting forum for those interested. Some posters do a lot of work keeping track of all the players we are involved with.

Halftime of the Montverde game that is being aired on ESPN2 at 6pm tonight.
it is halftime of the game after the montverde game that starts at 8PM

OP, it has already come out that McCullough cannot reclass and will stay in '14.

Zero percent chance Johnson goes anywhere but UK.

He signed his $5 million future "shoe contract" with WWW yesterday. He'll sign with UK tomorrow. The shoe company is happy. CAA is happy (the agency that reps Calipari). WWW is happy (can you imagine the fee this guy must earn from CAA or maybe he's on a huge retainer). And the NCAA sees nothing wrong with this arrangement. In fact they choose to see nothing at all. But don't send a recruit a text message at the wrong time or buy him a hamburger, cause they have a major problem with that. Maybe JB and all other big name coaches will have to sign up with huge agent firms too so those agencies can have their own "consultant" (like WWW) who goes out and procures big time recruits with promises of future endorsement contracts to help their coach client obtain talent to win championships. What a racket.

SU has had 5 guy classes in the following years:

1986-87: Derrick Coleman, Stevie Thompson, Matt Roe, Keith Hughes, Earl Duncan
1988-89: Billy Owens, Dave Johnson, Richard Manning, Dave Siock, Tony Scott
1996-97: Etan Thomas, Jason Hart, LeSean Howard, Ramel Lloyd, Winfred Walton
1997-98: Ryan Blackwell, Alan Griffin, Damone Brown, Eric Williams, Sam Spann
2001-02: Hakim Warrick, Craig Forth, Josh Pace, Billy Edelin, Mark Konecny
2007-08: Jonny Flynn, Rick Jackson, Kristoff Ongenaet, Sean Williams, Donte Greene, Antonio Jardine

Not sure there's a "Fab Five" in there but we usually get a pretty good 2-3. Usually there's one guy who could play each positon, so you could imagine games between them. I'd bet on the first group in a round robin.

it is halftime of the game after the montverde game that starts at 8PM

OP, it has already come out that McCullough cannot reclass and will stay in '14.

Zero percent chance Johnson goes anywhere but UK.

Good news with McCullough. He will be a great player. He looks like Charles Smith from Pitt / The Knicks already. We need a year's breathing room for the roster, though.

After reading the interview with his mother a few weeks ago it was clear that he would be going to UK

What the heck is your "signature" from?
The Naked Gun - the scene at the baseball game when they are showing "highlights" on the jumbotron