Fab has one more chance | Syracusefan.com

Fab has one more chance

thebigeast44

Starter
Coming from Brazil to the US is a challenge and I'm willing to give Fab some leeway. However, ultimately the facts of the situation are this:

Comes in freshman year out of shape and is a complete non-factor. Then he rips the turnstalk off his girlfriends car. Now he does not do the work and puts himself in academic trouble. If he comes back this year and does the work and leads the team to a successful season, all will be forgiven. However, if he does not come back this season and in addition leaves for the pros, he will likely go down as one of the least favorite Orangemen ever.

He is the one player we could not lose this year and losing him is akin to losing AO 2 years ago. I hope he does come back and has a chance to redeem himself. I cheer for kids as many make mistakes during their college years. You've got one more chance Fab - please don't blow it.

Let's Go Orange!

Good post. Only thing I'll say is that we HOPE he has one more chance. If he loses his appeal and is done, he will be right up there with MeShaun Williams as one of my least favorite Orange players of all time.

Losing Fab is much more of a blow to this team than losing AO was to the 09 squad. We had Rick Jackson, who was more than a serviceable player downlow. We have NO ONE behind Fab.

The difference between the two is that AO's absence was due to an injury and Melo's absence is due to his own failings. I hope he gets a chance to redeem himself or Orange fans will never forgive him.

Huge difference, of course...but the parallels are still eery and the effects on the team would be just as devastating, or perhaps, more so. The things that pisses me off the most about Fab is he already had his second chance.

Losing Fab is much more of a blow to this team than losing AO was to the 09 squad. We had Rick Jackson, who was more than a serviceable player downlow. We have NO ONE behind Fab.
I guess you didn't watch the 2010 NCAA tourney.

We can overcome this, but Rak XMas has to make a big leap over the next 10 games. He's capable of it, but hasn't shown consistency yet.

Really though can't professors just let FB and basketball players skate come on there are 97 guys out of 8,000 students. I think showing up for class deserves a C. Focus on the actual students and just float the guys is it that hard to not screw things up for the athletic Dept.

Really though can't professors just let FB and basketball players skate come on there are 97 guys out of 8,000 students. I think showing up for class deserves a C. Focus on the actual students and just float the guys is it that hard to not screw things up for the athletic Dept.

Not sure if serious...

dude...

Sarcasm or not, there is so much wrong in this statement.

What some guys want to be students some don't work with the one's that want to learn just let the others slide by, besides if they are not academically inclined steer them to special classes.

HOPE is not a strategy. Just ask Obama...or whatever our ing presidents name is. I forget these days.

Syracuse joined the ACC, not the SEC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom