Fab Melo haunting us again? | Syracusefan.com

Fab Melo haunting us again?

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
I heard another silly rumor that the NCAA is going to strip 3 wins from last season.

Any truth?

At least we get to celebrate 900 again.

This is just a rumor folks! This is not inside info.

I think we did everything right regarding the Fab thing didnt we?

Not buying that. Only wins that could have been vacated were NCAA tourney games had we played Fab.

Question on this... making the large assumption that the rumor is true, our BE record would be 14-4 last year. Would that mean we share the regular season BE title w/Marquette who was also 14-4?

Not buying that. Only wins that could have been vacated were NCAA tourney games had we played Fab.

That's not true at all. Plenty of examples of reg season games being vacated.

Question on this... making the large assumption that the rumor is true, our BE record would be 14-4 last year. Would that mean we share the regular season BE title w/Marquette who was also 14-4?
Who cares let Marquette be the champ of a non existent league for all I care. The only thing that matters is taking the championship this year, on the way out.

That's not true at all. Plenty of examples of reg season games being vacated.

Which 3 games though? Fab came back for 10 regular season games at the end of the year. Why wouldn't all 10 be vacated then?

They already started vacating wins didn't they? I thought Ohio State was one of them.

Which 3 games though? Fab came back for 10 regular season games at the end of the year. Why wouldn't all 10 be vacated then?

I am guessing the three before his first suspension (Notre Dame). That would be Pitt, PC and Nova I think... after that he was able to appeal which was eventually rejected before the NCAAs?

I am guessing the three before his first suspension (Notre Dame). That would be Pitt, PC and Nova I think... after that he was able to appeal which was eventually rejected before the NCAAs?

Still not buying it.

I heard another silly rumor that the NCAA is going to strip 3 wins from last season.

Any truth?

At least we get to celebrate 900 again.
They already did (Ohio St. , Kansas, Kentucky);)
I think MGP has made a late push into the lead for Post of the Year

I don't believe it

We're extra screwed then. Everytime you don't buy or believe something, it happens.

If they were going to do this wouldn't they of done it before Jb already won 900. I don't think the NCAA would be stupid enough...oh wait it is the NCAA...anyway I won't believe any of this until I hear it from a reliable media outlet...whoever that may be these days.

Vacating a win does not mean you now lost those games. People often get that confused with a forfeit for some reason. Vacating just means you didn't win them anymore. In other words, in this hypothetical our record would now be 14-1, which is still better than Marquette's 14-4, so we would still be the sole conference champ. It's also worth noting that the teams we played in those games still lost them whether we vacate the win or not, so their records don't change in the slightest.

If they were going to do this wouldn't they of done it before Jb already won 900. I don't think the NCAA would be stupid enough...oh wait it is the NCAA...anyway I won't believe any of this until I hear it from a reliable media outlet...whoever that may be these days.

Does this site constitute a media outlet?

I think I have "vacating wins" fatigue. It means nothing.. kind of like finding out another baseball player was using a banned substance.

I'm still waiting.

Lol. You think I stay in this thread just waiting for your reply? There's other threads to read too.

To answer your question, all of them including this one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Lol. You think I stay in this thread just waiting for your reply? There's other threads to read too.

uh oh... from the sounds of it, not as much of a rumor as I was hoping?

Weak but expected. I'm not the one who believes dead guys who they never heard say anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom