Fab Melo's 360 dunk | Syracusefan.com

Fab Melo's 360 dunk

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
Watching Fab Melo's 360 dunk brought great joy to my heart, and I'm curious if any other SU players have done so? At the moment, memory isnt my strongest suit, so I'd appreciate if someone can help me with this. Any videos of Cuse 360 dunks would be appreciated.

I'm also curious if members think an Orange will do it again, and if so, who it'd be?

Last edited:
Watching Fab Melo's 360 dunk brought great joy to my heart, and I'm curious if any other SU players have done so? At the moment, memory isnt my strongest suit, so I'd appreciate if someone can help me with this. Any videos of Cuse 360 dunks would be appreciated.

I'm also curious if members think an Orange will do it again, and if so, who it'd be?
Was this 360 dunk on the court or at chucks?

http://deadspin.com/5895741/bill-raftery-thinks-derrick-coleman-is-fat

This makes me warm and fuzzy inside every time I watch it. Waiters nails a key shot, Rafferty probably half in the bag calls it how he sees it. I remember watching it live and my buddy and I look at each other and had to rewind it 20 times. Don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life. I'm glad deadspin caught it because I've never seen the video anywhere else.

Was this 360 dunk on the court or at chucks?

This is the one I was referring to: (To me, this dunk is like Axl Rose singing "I smoke my cigarette with style", in the soulful song "Night Train".

I reckon a good many of my posts have been written on board the night train. Something about New Yorkers and multitasking.

Last edited:

I remember Dave Johnson doing at least one, also Red Bruin.

Tomcat, I have always been suspect of your attire, but so far I am awarding you the post of the thread for helping a brother out. I think that title belt will go wonderfully with the catsuit. It reminds me slightly of Jack Black in Nacho Libre. Please dont be offended by my mocking of your choice of coverage, as I am at the moment atypically naked. An hour or so ago a pulled a "Ben Franklin" and air bathed by my open window. He had a great understanding of the ether, and once had an argument with one of those other guys from that time when they shared a room and he wanted to sleep with the window open. There is a lot of reality that we have dropped the ball on, considering the great minds that founded this country.

Last edited:
Tomcat, I have always been suspect of your attire, but so far I am awarding you the post of the thread for helping a brother out. Please dont be offended by my mocking of your choice of coverage, as I am at the moment atypically naked. An our or so ago a pulled a "Ben Franklin" and air bathed by my open window. He had a great understanding of the ether, and once had an argument with one of those other guys from that time when they shared a room and he wanted to sleep with the window open. There is a lot of reality that we have dropped the ball on, considering the great minds that founded this country.
Stevie Thomson?

Yes, one of my favorites. Dave Johnson had at least one; I think David Johnson had a couple as well.

Yes, one of my favorites. Dave Johnson had at least one; I think David Johnson had a couple as well.

What's the deal? In the olden times two guys with the same name did them, but now nobody does?

Since we can think of three or four players in 35 years, I don't think it's too likely we'll see one any time soon. For a "player's coach," Boeheim doesn't like his guys to show up the other team with dunks (I remember Warrick and Harris/Flynn, among others, being reminded to tone it down).

Of the current players, Cooney's probably had enough open-court opportunities to suggest that he'll never try it. McCullough can barely dunk. Joseph probably doesn't quite have the springs. My money's on B.J. Johnson as the most likely player to attempt one. And I predict that he won't.

What's the deal? In the olden times two guys with the same name did them, but now nobody does?

As I remember it, he was "#23, Dave Johnson" one season, then came back after the summer as "#4, David Johnson."

Didn't diminish the dunking style, though. Those were the days...

As I remember it, he was "#23, Dave Johnson" one season, then came back after the summer as "#4, David Johnson."

Didn't diminish the dunking style, though. Those were the days...

Ha! I wasn't aware of that. It's kind of cool some of the things we learn in these random interactions. Thanks for that, bro. And yes, sure as $h1t, those were the days!! I have longed for them to return for ages.

I remember Seikaly trying one once and winding up in a pile with the cheerleaders. It is a fuzzy memory though so I don't remember who it was against or anything else. Maybe somebody else recalls it better, it was so funny JB may have even been amused.

CaptainJ said:
Ha! I wasn't aware of that. It's kind of cool some of the things we learn in these random interactions. Thanks for that, bro. And yes, sure as $h1t, those were the days!! I have longed for them to return for ages.
What? Gimme the recent past over those years.

What? Gimme the recent past over those years.

Here's the thing, one play can make a memory. Why not have a dunk like those more than once every 10 years regardless of the team's record?

I was reaching out in a time of need and you left me hanging, man. :-(

Of course I'm grateful for the joke. I'm just kind of clenching my fist and saying "oldpinepoint" in the way Seinfeld did with "Newman".

captain youre quickly becoming my favorite poster, even though i dont know what the hell youre talking about half the time haha

captain youre quickly becoming my favorite poster, even though i dont know what the hell youre talking about half the time haha

Thanks, I attribute it to clean living and vitamin pills. From the moment I saw your avatar fused together with Corduroy and being a Straight G, I knew you were a customer to be reckoned with. I'm glad you're back posting in full force man!

Edit: I wish I were in Seattle or St Croix, or Syracuse, or wherever you are currently doing your thing. I'd like to buy you a drink and throw some tunes on the jukebox and talk some SU hoops. You were one of the first posters to inspire me up in this thing.

Last edited:
Thanks, I attribute it to clean living and vitamin pills. From the moment I saw your avatar fused together with Corduroy and being a Straight G, I knew you were a customer to be reckoned with. I'm glad you're back posting in full force man!

Edit: I wish I were in Seattle or St Croix, or Syracuse, or wherever you are currently doing your thing. I'd like to buy you a drink and throw some tunes on the jukebox and talk some SU hoops. You were one of the first posters to inspire me up in this thing.

thanks man! im in new jersey, where you at?

I think Reggie Powell did some.

xc, either I'm not sober yet, or I am curious about how you accrued such a staggering amount of posts without me taking notice of ye.
thanks man! im in new jersey, where you at?

I'm in Denver, But looking to relocate as soon as I can find the inspiration. The last time I was in NJ it was to see Pearl Jam in Newark. I guess I was staying near a pretty rough area, at least according to the impression I got from the desk clerk. We had to pay for some highly overpriced black cab... and after the show 2 attractive females got into a fight in the hallway. As a crowd gathered to watch, rather than be a hero I decided to take a picture on a phone that would now be considered primitive. If I recall correctly, my friend and I were going to see the Yanks Play the Red Sox the night before, but we missed our flight, got there late, and ended up watching the remaining game at Stan's. It was actually more fun, the bartenders jumped up on the bar after a home run, and some folks were throwing some Boston chick's cap back and forth. A bit later I ended up "making the talk"(like in Dances With Wolves) with a cute Boston fan who lived in NY.

Where in NJ are you? I also have some "friends" down by Philly who have begging me forever to come out to see them. They like to party and jam out some relatively mediocre music on guitar and keyboard(they're a married couple), but Phillies fans(yuck!!). I regret not coming back for Duke last year, so I never know when I might do something to make up for it.

Let me just take a swing out of the blue and try this new fangled tag thing and say if SneakyFrenchSpy is in NJ, I'd like to buy him a drink too. I know very little about the guy, but like betting on a horse when you're new, I have a feeling he'd be one cool guy to chill with. I drink cheap beer that goes down smoothly like a cold, rocky mountain stream. However, I would afford you fellas whatever was to your liking. Who knows how long each of us has to complete our bucket lists. We all walk the long road. I'm still bitter I didnt come back for Duke. Now I'm grimacing more like George Costanza when he screamed "TWIX!!!".