Fab Melo's 360 dunk | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fab Melo's 360 dunk

xc, either I'm not sober yet, or I am curious about how you accrued such a staggering amount of posts without me taking notice of ye.
Not sure about your sobriety but I rarely come to the hoops side and apparently you don't go to the football side a lot. Funny thing is, I have been an SU hoops fan since Kid Kohls played.

Not sure about your sobriety but I rarely come to the hoops side and apparently you don't go to the football side a lot. Funny thing is, I have been an SU hoops fan since Kid Kohls played.

You sir are correct, and I was guessing the same. It's good to have you over here and I'm sure we'd love to see more of you! Out of respect, I won't ask what keeps you away.

xc, either I'm not sober yet, or I am curious about how you accrued such a staggering amount of posts without me taking notice of ye.

I'm in Denver, But looking to relocate as soon as I can find the inspiration. The last time I was in NJ it was to see Pearl Jam in Newark. I guess I was staying near a pretty rough area, at least according to the impression I got from the desk clerk. We had to pay for some highly overpriced black cab... and after the show 2 attractive females got into a fight in the hallway. As a crowd gathered to watch, rather than be a hero I decided to take a picture on a phone that would now be considered primitive. If I recall correctly, my friend and I were going to see the Yanks Play the Red Sox the night before, but we missed our flight, got there late, and ended up watching the remaining game at Stan's. It was actually more fun, the bartenders jumped up on the bar after a home run, and some folks were throwing some Boston chick's cap back and forth. A bit later I ended up "making the talk"(like in Dances With Wolves) with a cute Boston fan who lived in NY.

Where in NJ are you? I also have some "friends" down by Philly who have begging me forever to come out to see them. They like to party and jam out some relatively mediocre music on guitar and keyboard(they're a married couple), but Phillies fans(yuck!!). I regret not coming back for Duke last year, so I never know when I might do something to make up for it.

Let me just take a swing out of the blue and try this new fangled tag thing and say if SneakyFrenchSpy is in NJ, I'd like to buy him a drink too. I know very little about the guy, but like betting on a horse when you're new, I have a feeling he'd be one cool guy to chill with. I drink cheap beer that goes down smoothly like a cold, rocky mountain stream. However, I would afford you fellas whatever was to your liking. Who knows how long each of us has to complete our bucket lists. We all walk the long road. I'm still bitter I didnt come back for Duke. Now I'm grimacing more like George Costanza when he screamed "TWIX!!!".

haha i was at that pearl jam show in newark. that was 1 of the best cat fights ive ever seen. i just remember seeing a huge crowd gathered around these 2 girls rolling around with blonde hair flying all around. im near princeton so not too far from philly, just moved in with the woman in july shes from there, was born and raised in queens.

yeyecatfight!

haha i was at that pearl jam show in newark. that was 1 of the best cat fights ive ever seen. i just remember seeing a huge crowd gathered around these 2 girls rolling around with blonde hair flying all around. im near princeton so not too far from philly, just moved in with the woman in july shes from there, was born and raised in queens.

yeyecatfight!

Classic scene! Also, it is great that someone on the other side of the country witnessed one of my stories to see that they are real! How crazy is that? If I can manage to find the old phone and get the picture off of it, I will upload it later on. I had to look up the setlist because the only thing that stood out in my memory was the cover of "Jersey Girl", and Eddie wearing a Walter Payton jersey. http://pearljam.com/setlists/1025/2010/20602/the_prudential_center

CaptainJ said:
Here's the thing, one play can make a memory. Why not have a dunk like those more than once every 10 years regardless of the team's record?
You want to return to the days of yore because there were more 360 dunks?

I'm in Denver, But looking to relocate as soon as I can find the inspiration. The last time I was in NJ it was to see Pearl Jam in Newark. I guess I was staying near a pretty rough area, at least according to the impression I got from the desk clerk. We had to pay for some highly overpriced black cab... and after the show 2 attractive females got into a fight in the hallway. As a crowd gathered to watch, rather than be a hero I decided to take a picture on a phone that would now be considered primitive. If I recall correctly, my friend and I were going to see the Yanks Play the Red Sox the night before, but we missed our flight, got there late, and ended up watching the remaining game at Stan's. It was actually more fun, the bartenders jumped up on the bar after a home run, and some folks were throwing some Boston chick's cap back and forth. A bit later I ended up "making the talk"(like in Dances With Wolves) with a cute Boston fan who lived in NY.

Where in NJ are you? I also have some "friends" down by Philly who have begging me forever to come out to see them. They like to party and jam out some relatively mediocre music on guitar and keyboard(they're a married couple), but Phillies fans(yuck!!). I regret not coming back for Duke last year, so I never know when I might do something to make up for it.

Let me just take a swing out of the blue and try this new fangled tag thing and say if SneakyFrenchSpy is in NJ, I'd like to buy him a drink too. I know very little about the guy, but like betting on a horse when you're new, I have a feeling he'd be one cool guy to chill with. I drink cheap beer that goes down smoothly like a cold, rocky mountain stream. However, I would afford you fellas whatever was to your liking. Who knows how long each of us has to complete our bucket lists. We all walk the long road. I'm still bitter I didnt come back for Duke. Now I'm grimacing more like George Costanza when he screamed "TWIX!!!".
Haha I'm also in the boat on confusion with some of your posts, but definitly enjoy deciphering and I usually get a good laugh out of them in a good way. Keep doing your thing. The under pressure song had to be my favorite post of the year.

I think Reggie Powell did some.
I remember seeing Reggie throw one down in a game at Manley, likely the first SU player to do so. Not sure he had many other opportunities. Certainly the highlight of his brief career at SU.

TinyManInside said:
that's not a 360. It's really more like a 240.

image-2830029065.jpg

Ah yes--Fab's 360 dunk. It happened in his first game back from his FIRST academic suspension in 2012. We were playing at St. John's, and I was feeling great that he'd been reinstated. I remember this game because TexanMark happened to be in Minneapolis, and we got together at a sports bar to watch the game.

Didn't realize at the time that Fab's return was fool's gold.

RF2044 said:
Ah yes--Fab's 360 dunk. It happened in his first game back from his FIRST academic suspension in 2012. We were playing at St. John's, and I was feeling great that he'd been reinstated. I remember this game because TexanMark happened to be in Minneapolis, and we got together at a sports bar to watch the game. Didn't realize at the time that Fab's return was fool's gold.

It was against Nova and before the suspension.

Pics or it didnt happen! Come on people!! ;) seriously, is Fab the only one I can get here? I am fiending for a 360!

I remember seeing Reggie throw one down in a game at Manley, likely the first SU player to do so. Not sure he had many other opportunities. Certainly the highlight of his brief career at SU.
Yep saw it and it was very unusual for that day. The "rocket kid" as Joel M called him

Pics or it didnt happen! Come on people!! ;) seriously, is Fab the only one I can get here? I am fiending for a 360!