Fab Melo's court case | Syracusefan.com

Fab Melo's court case

As a former prosecutor, I can say that the continuance is either a really good thing or a really bad thing. Usually, a continuance in this context means that either (a) the plea deal is too harsh and the defense attorney wants more time to work out something better, or (b) the prosecutor and the defense attorney are on the same page but have to iron out the details. I usually consented to continuances when I was trying to work with the defense to find a suitable alternative resolution rather than a guilty plea (i.e. community service with a reputable non-profit, etc.). In those cases, I would usually drop the case after I got an affidavit from the non-profit saying he did a good job and learned his lesson. Let's hope that's what's going on here.

...as per Victory Lap above...this is puzzling...seems like it may not be going away as quickly as we thought...more importantly, the longer the delay in decision, the worst off 'Cuse could be on our center of attention on the court!!

I think if you take into consideration who the Onondaga County DA is, Victory Lap's (b) is the most likely scenario.

yea this looks good. There must be Court Supervision or Adult Diversion in NY right? I can't imagine he would get anything else, probably diversion.

Likely scenerio, IMHO. Fab is in a program (which I won't name on an open board) to address some uncharged allegations. That program takes 26 weeks. When he is sufficiently finished with the program, or, depending on the ADA in charge, has completed the program, and stayed out of trouble, he will get an ACD, which means if he stays out of trouble for another 6 months, the case will be dismissed and he will have no criminal record. He can legally say he was never even arrested or charged on this matter.

Likely scenerio, IMHO. Fab is in a program (which I won't name on an open board) to address some uncharged allegations. That program takes 26 weeks. When he is sufficiently finished with the program, or, depending on the ADA in charge, has completed the program, and stayed out of trouble, he will get an ACD, which means if he stays out of trouble for another 6 months, the case will be dismissed and he will have no criminal record. He can legally say he was never even arrested or charged on this matter.

Sounds good for Fab. He needs to stay away from that chick.

Capt. Tuttle, thanks for posting your take.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom