Fab really struggled in NYC | Syracusefan.com

Fab really struggled in NYC

orangemass

All American
We need a much better effort from him in the next 3 weeks if we are going to go far... He really needs to start helping on the defensive boards...

I am thinking he has not been himself lately. Hopefully he is not wearing down. The break from the last game to the BET to the first round and then only 2 games a week in the tourney should help him alot. The guy has been playing a lot of minutes this year.

Houston I thought the same thing... Perhaps he's playing too many minutes

I am thinking he has not been himself lately. Hopefully he is not wearing down. The break from the last game to the BET to the first round and then only 2 games a week in the tourney should help him alot. The guy has been playing a lot of minutes this year.

I just hope we don't see much of "Hands-like-feet" Keita.

He has played more minutes as the season wore on. The other thing that is noticeable is that early on he was in foul trouble frequently not so much since his return from suspension. I wonder if in working to limit his fouls they've taken away some of his aggressiveness??

Seton Hall 25 mins.
@Depaul 22 mins.
@Prov. 22 mins. (4 fouls)
Marquette 18 mins. (fouled out)
@Nova 21 mins. (4 fouls)
Prov. 19 mins.
Pitt 29 mins. (fouled out)
@UND DNP
@ Cincy DNP
WVU DNP
@St. Johns 21 mins.
Gtown 39 mins. (OT)
UConn 22 mins. (4 fouls)
@L'ville 37 mins.
@Rutgers 28 mins.
USF 33 mins.
@UConn 32 mins.
L'ville 34 mins.
UConn (BET) 32 mins.
Cincy (BET) 33 mins.

Other than the UConn game in the Dome he hasn't been in foul trouble since returning from the mini vacation. In fact, he didn't even commit a foul in 33 minutes against Cincy in the BET....ok, he didn't get called for one.

In order to rebound better he needs to stop trying to block every single shot in the paint.

He did take a charge or two but I beleive every shot he got a piece of was a goaltend... He seems very passive... Yancy and Drummond had pretty good games in the paint..

He did take a charge or two but I beleive every shot he got a piece of was a goaltend... He seems very passive... Yancy and Drummond had pretty good games in the paint..

I thought Yancy and Drummond were pretty darn good.

Fab has problems with athletic big guys that have good back-to-basket games and footwork

Also was mildly surprised to see Draymond Green basically pwn Sullinger in that B1G final yesterday

In order to rebound better he needs to stop trying to block every single shot in the paint.

Agree.

The guy is very raw to the game. His athletic basketball readyness is through the roof. He can block, take charges, finish the oop, get a tough rebound here and there. He can put them all together.

But, he is our only shotblocker back there which slows his rebounding down some.
I think it is inconceivable how much tougher he could be this year if Rick was still back there. We would have 2 of the top 4 paint defenders in the big east if Rick had redshirted his freshmen year.
Hope he considers sticking around another year so he isn't just drafted for defensive skills only.

If we go up against Vandy with Ezelli we're gonna need Fab to play really well; ditto if we get to Sullinger in the Elite 8. Then a potential matchup with Zeller/Henson in New Orleans. Fab is going ot have to have a really, really good tournament.

Fab just has to play with his head on his sholders thats it. Hes got to mix his rebounding, shotblocking and charges to do alittle bit of all of them at the appropriate time. Fair and Southerland need to be his best friend out there also.
Its no different then what it has been all year.

I hope they can find big minutes for Rak in the first round and 10 in the second round. With the bigs we could face later on - you'd really want him to be able give Fab a rest.

I did not see Fab as the problem in NY. I think he pretty much did what he does in terms of points & boards. His only major foible was the missed freebies, but despite the improved percentage I have a hard time trusting him at the line so I wasn't necessarily expecting him to make those freebies anyways.

Biggest problems were the seniors. We simply will not go far wo meaningful consistant contributions from Scoop & Kris & getting back to taking better care of the ball than our opponents.

I wonder how many of the guys on the team were fighting this 102 degree fever that was going around

I wonder how many of the guys on the team were fighting this 102 degree fever that was going around
it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't more widespread than publicly acknowledged.

it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't more widespread than publicly acknowledged.
It's been confirmed for atleast KJ and CJ

Eh, I don't see Fab as the problem with this team. I think he and CJ have been our two most consistent guys this year and I'd take my chances with Fab defending Sullinger or any other big that gets thrown at us.

That makes me feel better....I was hoping KJ was sick.

Not to mention he was hurt (although I honestly doubt his thumb possibly could have been worse than mine is and I'm still a good shooter lol)

Not to mention he was hurt (although I honestly doubt his thumb possibly could have been worse than mine is and I'm still a good shooter lol)

Wasn't his shooting hand that he hurt, from what people said.

We need a much better effort from him in the next 3 weeks if we are going to go far... He really needs to start helping on the defensive boards...
After the Jumpshot Controversy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom