Fab - we're so proud | Syracusefan.com

Fab - we're so proud

I was gonna go to that game, but my pet armadillo got sick.

It's sad only the negative things he's done get media attention. He's clearly got some anger issues, and has made some poor decisions, but he's a nice guy - I know from personal experience. I don't know too much about his personal life; he should consider, if he's not already, seeing a psychiatrist and get some medication to keep his emotions under control.

It's sad only the negative things he's done get media attention. He's clearly got some anger issues, and has made some poor decisions, but he's a nice guy - I know from personal experience. I don't know too much about his personal life; he should consider, if he's not already, seeing a psychiatrist and get some medication to keep his emotions under control.

Yeah he has done some good things in the d league he holds the nba d league single game block record at 14, and has had some nice triple doubles.

Last edited:

medication because he gets angry? lol. You might as well sedate the whole country.

How can it be argued that playing in the D league is better for a player's development than staying in college? I just don't get it. I'm sure Eduardo Najera was a good player in Mexico and all, and maybe he can coach a little, but when you have to look up the name on the web it doesn't indicate to me that this is a coach that would provide training equivalent to JB and the SU coaching staff.

And I know that Fab was gone anyway, but the argument by Mark Cuban is ridiculous.

medication because he gets angry? lol. You might as well sedate the whole country.
Not because he's angry but because of what he does when he's angry. There have been multiple publicized incidents stemming from his lack of control. It landed him in court and is now interfering with his work.

I'll never forget, spring break 2012. In the Bahamas with my roommates and friends. Having a fantastic time, drunk for a week, ready to make a run in the tournament. Someone gets on their phone and sees that Fab is suspended for the tournament. Get on here and see the multi-page thread about it. The rest is history. Good times.

Not because he's angry but because of what he does when he's angry. There have been multiple publicized incidents stemming from his lack of control. It landed him in court and is now interfering with his work.
This happens more and more in our country (and probably elsewhere), but it's not due to a lack of medicating. It's because people aren't taught self control from an early age anymore. People used to be taught that you can't just react like a child every time you don't get your way. Now, mommy and daddy just bend over backwards to give kids their way (even into the extended adolescence that seems to go into some people's 30's) and this is the behavior that results. It's called entitlement, and it's becoming an epidemic.

This happens more and more in our country (and probably elsewhere), but it's not due to a lack of medicating. It's because people aren't taught self control from an early age anymore. People used to be taught that you can't just react like a child every time you don't get your way. Now, mommy and daddy just bend over backwards to give kids their way (even into the extended adolescence that seems to go into some people's 30's) and this is the behavior that results. It's called entitlement, and it's becoming an epidemic.

Working with young children that have behavioral and emotional disabilities, this is certainly true. This is not to say biochemical imbalances can cause such problems. However, environmental factors do account for a lot of these behaviors. Structure and discipline lacking from an early age. Many people have children, but too few want to put the time in to be parents.

Glad you added the (and elsewhere) to your post considering Fab didn't come to the US until he was 17. Maybe it was the lack of a father that was the real problem with Fab.

he tweeted someting like "just working on myself right now" last night.

now it makes a little more sense.

He's improving, now he's just cursing instead of hitting.

I wouldn't let him be around my daughter.

In his defense, looking at his stats and minutes player last year and then the dramatic drop off under a new coach, maybe I can understand his frustration.

He looked to be on his way back to the NBA last year, didnt make it and now he plays 13 minutes a game?

He's improving, now he's just cursing instead of hitting.

I wouldn't let him be around my daughter.

No way am I letting him near my 2003 Chevrolet Impala either. ;)

Last edited:
Working with young children that have behavioral and emotional disabilities, this is certainly true. This is not to say biochemical imbalances can cause such problems. However, environmental factors do account for a lot of these behaviors. Structure and discipline lacking from an early age. Many people have children, but too few want to put the time in to be parents.
This is too true. Great line.

so Fab's got one more year of paychecks, correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom