Fab | Syracusefan.com

Fab

Hes having trouble signing his name on the paperwork, cant spell it right

I know he screwed us over, and I know we won't soon forgive that (and I'm guilty of all of this too), but I hate how quickly we turn on 18-22 year old kids.
The ones that I hate the most are the posts that say "Who?"

It's tired and lame and is below an outstanding fanbase like ours.

I know he screwed us over, and I know we won't soon forgive that (and I'm guilty of all of this too), but I hate how quickly we turn on 18-22 year old kids.
I know what you are saying but what is that saying, and especially true in this case: "you get what you give"

i haven't turned on him. It is what it is, he made a big mistake. I am sure he feels bad enough, me being upset about it doesn't change anything. Thanks for at least picking SU, best of luck kid.

How does an 18-22 year old kid screw you over??? You are going to forgive Fab for what?? Being an 18-22 year old kid?? Get over yourselves. Better yet, get your priorities in check...how about worrying about more important things like your job and family rather than an 18-22 year old kid making mistakes that everyone does when they are young. Seriously. I can think of 1000 things more important than whether or not Syracuse is going to win a national championship apparently for ME.

How does an 18-22 year old kid screw you over??? You are going to forgive Fab for what?? Being an 18-22 year old kid?? Get over yourselves. Better yet, get your priorities in check...how about worrying about more important things like your job and family rather than an 18-22 year old kid making mistakes that everyone does when they are young. Seriously. I can think of 1000 things more important than whether or not Syracuse is going to win a national championship apparently for ME.

You had me til that 1000 things thing

You had me til that 1000 things thing

Same here. I logged in to "like" that post until I read the whole thing and then decided to like yours instead :cool: Other than the 1000 things, it was a great post, Cusetiger!

He hurt himself way more than any cuse fan, if he was around and we went final four and/or beyond and had a couple of impressive games his draft stock would have soared and he would have been able to prove himself against sullinger, robinson, and possibly even anthony davis

declare? the guy is back in brazil ..not even a joke.

The ones that I hate the most are the posts that say "Who?"

It's tired and lame and is below an outstanding fanbase like ours.

What's disappointing is some of our more level headed posters have succumbed to the temptation.

Did anyone physically attack Fab Melo? Did anyone spit on him, or refuse to hire him, or send threatening letters to him?

We know who this kid is because he plays basketball. We cheered for him because he plays basketball. We check this message board, and watch games, and buy tickets and shirts and big foam hands because of basketball. This is the context in which we 'know' this 'kid'. If he was just a math or a drama major, we'd have no idea who he was. We tied our hopes and our ego to him. And despite what JB may have said, he let us down. His failure to do what he agreed to do (keep his grades up so he could play basketball) screwed over his teammates and the fanbase of the school. I'd give a high school kid a pass on that; but not a legal adult.

Are there more important things in the world? Yeah, no . Literally no one on this board is making the argument that college basketball is more important than their job or family. No one is on the other side of that issue.

Where are the "there are more important things" posts when we're winning and giving these kids accolades? Why is it okay in your book to say "KJ is the greatest" when we're 29-1, but it's not okay to say "Fab Melo screwed us over" when we lose? Aren't the more important things always there?

And, more importantly, if that is your attitude, why are you even on this message board? This is a place for passionate fans. For those of us who feel elated when the team wins and crushed when it loses. Who lose themselves in the statistics and the tiny details and the recruiting and the opponents and the history.

This is what kids who play college basketball sign up for. To have thousands or tens of thousands of fans cheering for them. The flip side is that you're opening yourself up for criticism, but that's what you sign on for, whether you like it or not. And guess what? Every single one of those kids, including Melo, wants to play in the NBA, and the criticisms only get worse. Got thin skin? Probably not the best line of work to go into. Or at least it may be best to avoid message boards.

Melo had a great regular season. But he didn't hold up his end of the bargain, and his team, his fans, and the NCAA tournament suffered because of it.

Did anyone physically attack Fab Melo? Did anyone spit on him, or refuse to hire him, or send threatening letters to him?

We know who this kid is because he plays basketball. We cheered for him because he plays basketball. We check this message board, and watch games, and buy tickets and shirts and big foam hands because of basketball. This is the context in which we 'know' this 'kid'. If he was just a math or a drama major, we'd have no idea who he was. We tied our hopes and our ego to him. And despite what JB may have said, he let us down. His failure to do what he agreed to do (keep his grades up so he could play basketball) screwed over his teammates and the fanbase of the school. I'd give a high school kid a pass on that; but not a legal adult.

Are there more important things in the world? Yeah, no . Literally no one on this board is making the argument that college basketball is more important than their job or family. No one is on the other side of that issue.

Where are the "there are more important things" posts when we're winning and giving these kids accolades? Why is it okay in your book to say "KJ is the greatest" when we're 29-1, but it's not okay to say "Fab Melo screwed us over" when we lose? Aren't the more important things always there?

And, more importantly, if that is your attitude, why are you even on this message board? This is a place for passionate fans. For those of us who feel elated when the team wins and crushed when it loses. Who lose themselves in the statistics and the tiny details and the recruiting and the opponents and the history.

This is what kids who play college basketball sign up for. To have thousands or tens of thousands of fans cheering for them. The flip side is that you're opening yourself up for criticism, but that's what you sign on for, whether you like it or not. And guess what? Every single one of those kids, including Melo, wants to play in the NBA, and the criticisms only get worse. Got thin skin? Probably not the best line of work to go into. Or at least it may be best to avoid message boards.

Melo had a great regular season. But he didn't hold up his end of the bargain, and his team, his fans, and the NCAA tournament suffered because of it.

If his school, coach, and teammates have publicly stated that Fab did not "screw them over" I would ask you to consider doing the same. It would seem that they would have a much more legitimate reason to bitch than you, and they have taken the high road.

Just as long as he does it before April 10th. Let's get this done, Fab. You aren't going to be eligible next year, either. Thanks very much for your contribution to a great regular season. Now it appears to be time to move on.

Excellent post. Always find the holier than thou, get your priorities straight, etc. type posts a bit grandiloquent, especially, as you elude to, an internet fan forum message board.

Hate to say it, but I simply do not care. I know as many posters above say that he is just a kid, and kids make mistakes. That is fine, I have nothing against him.

But, the bottom line is that he let his coaches, his teammates, his fans, and most of all himself down. He messed up and was given a second chance, and still he did not care enough about others in his life to rectify the situation.

I wish him no bad luck, and I hold him no malice, but he is a kid that does not care about himself and those close to him, so why should I care about him ???

I forgot, we're not allowed to hold people accountable for their actions anymore in this country.

I just want to say I've never been a fan of the big foam hands. I know I can't be the only one that feels this way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom