Fair owns up to lack of black performers: NYS Fair concert history | Syracusefan.com

Fair owns up to lack of black performers: NYS Fair concert history

Um...Van...The Fair had WHITNEY HOUSTON there in 1987. She packed the place. But I get it. Problem was, they were NEVER going to bring in a rap artist in the early to mid 1990's. They were way too polarizing, and there was this thing called the LA Riots in 1992. Gangsta rap was intertwined in that whole mess, almost capitalizing on it. The Fair = Family Friendly. 1990's rap generally was not. The Fair should have tried to bring in DJ Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince when they were hot, or someone like Brandy, who had universal appeal among the kids at the time. But I bet they would have had to break the bank to get Will Smith as Fresh Prince.

I used to hear stories about the Fair crowds in the 80's when acts like Aerosmith came in. Lots of illegal substances. The Trooper exhibit was always on high alert.

Personally, I think The Fair needs more metal. And not the gutteral screaming crap flooding the clubs today. I'd like to see them get a double bill of Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. :)

And would a surprise visit by Rush be too much to ask? I mean, we are practically Canada. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom