faking injuries debate | Syracusefan.com

faking injuries debate

upperdeck

Living Legend
Its a huge debate, I would be fine with the you stay out the rest of the possession thing.. If you are hurt enough you cant get off the field you probably should be getting a real look and stay out for a few minutes. its not gonna stop some team from subbing in for a play a guy they can afford to miss a series though.

the argument about jamming a finger and playing thru it is pretty dumb.. if you cant play thru a finger injury why do you need to stop the game. get off the field and if its too bad to get off the field then its a legit injury and you shouldnt be playing.

the art of the fake

Agreed if you go down you are out for the possession, it really is a safety issue they should look at in the long run.
I've jammed my fingers countless times from Football and Baseball only time I had to stop was if it was dislocated, just shake it off those fingers are not going anywhere ;)

Its a huge debate, I would be fine with the you stay out the rest of the possession thing.. If you are hurt enough you cant get off the field you probably should be getting a real look and stay out for a few minutes. its not gonna stop some team from subbing in for a play a guy they can afford to miss a series though.

the argument about jamming a finger and playing thru it is pretty dumb.. if you cant play thru a finger injury why do you need to stop the game. get off the field and if its too bad to get off the field then its a legit injury and you shouldnt be playing.

the art of the fake

i think, especially in the college game where there are a lot of up tempo teams, that if you are hurt, you have to sit a whole possession.

And that is from a safety perspective and encourages you to not have players fake injuries for the most part

The faking cramps should stop with the air conditioning being installed.

soccer should do the same. you get injured and its a 10 min runoff off the field. if you are cramping/injured and take yourself off you can come back in next stoppage.

can you imagine Brown/Butkis types saying i got a boo boo gonna fall down and take a TO..

in the old day you missed the rest of the half or the game when you came out.

Who do you choose (metaphorically ofcourse)?

Coach Shaf or the MTSU DB? That was the worst acting job ever.
He should have at least clutched his heart and recited some Shakespeare on the way down!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom