Fans discussion | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fans discussion

Which part of what happened to you was a surprise?!?!

We had 150 people in our tailgate, located about a 5 minute walk from the dome. We pretty much had the tailgate broken down 2:30 and the overwhelming majority were walking to the dome by 2:45. Those who stuck around knew they were risking not making kick off - which is their perrogotive. The university sent out its usual message to get to the dome early because of big crowds and security.

my point is, people who had a 5 minute walk packed up a huge tailgate and were headed out 45 minutes ahead of kick off. you waited until 65 minutes before kick off and you had to get in line for a bus, wait for a bus, ride the bus for 10-12 minutes and then arrived during the late rush and are upset that you didn't get into your seat in time.

Failure to plan on your part, does not create an emergency for the university.

Does it suck that there's shitty parking near the dome? Absolutely, and its getting WORSE. But the only reason anyone is not getting to their seat in time for kick off is because they had a shitty plan or shitty execution of their plan.

Man, we packed up ours at 3 and we are off Adams across from the Marshall St mall. Got in 2-3 more beers in that time span and still made it in when the doors opened for the team entrance.

I was in the house yesterday, Beess (301 row F seat 4) as I will be for a total of 10 SU football games this year. And the only "roll out of bed game" home game for me was the Penn State game at Met Life.

Now you can probably understand why those of us fans who do travel more than 15 minutes to the Dome get a little annoyed at your continual harping about traffic and parking issues right? I'm serious about that complaint board too. Would save me a lot of time.

Well good for you. Then I'm talking about the others that don't go. I've gone for 40 plus years and know how the ups and downs go. I didn't attend SU but donate thousands every year. I think I know the problems a bit better than most here and will express my opinion good or bad. Feel free to skip right on past my posts. But SU is responsible for most of their own problems. You don't agree, that's your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to wait in a line for a long time? Guess what? There are worse things in life than that. Get over it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom