Fans have a right to be a little bitter if Doug leaves | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fans have a right to be a little bitter if Doug leaves

I won't be bitter. But it will certainly change his legacy here at Syracuse. He'll be a blip / footnote in the history of the program and he will receive much of the blame if he hurts the program by leaving.

Wouldn't be bitter at all. Bummed yes, but not bitter. I may bitch about a 4th and 1 decision, I may not agree with the Spruill decision, but those are minor details. Big picture he is the right guy and has done a great job. I don't want him to leave. I hope he is here long term.

He is in a career with a family. He has to do what is best for him and his family.

For us, it is entertainment. For him, it is real life.

No bitterness at all here.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I was always more prepared to be bitter about whatever contributing factors turned the guy in that video to the guy that has been interviewing for other jobs but not Marrone himself.

Wouldn't be bitter at all. Bummed yes, but not bitter. I may bitch about a 4th and 1 decision, I may not agree with the Spruill decision, but those are minor details. Big picture he is the right guy and has done a great job. I don't want him to leave. I hope he is here long term.

He is in a career with a family. He has to do what is best for him and his family.

Yep, life's too short. Bummed not bitter is a good way to put it. If he left for a college job, I'd be a bit more upset, but I'd get over that.

Would just need to turn our attention to the replacement. I still think this is an attractive job and brand, especially as a member of the ACC.

call me crazy, call me naive.

Marrone isn't going anywhere. ever.

This video convinced me. This is a ploy for more money and more assets.

until I hear confirmation otherwise, I'm sticking to my guns.

-------------------------------------------------------

I am with you on this. But, if he does leave I won't be bitter; disappointed but not bitter.

Well said.

I'm not bitter (because I only casually follow the football team), but if people want to be, I can understand it.

I'm not sure the parallel applies that has been throw out a bit, between random person A applying at any private company and saying it's the job he's always wanted and this situation. One is nonsense that is exchanged in every interview, and the other is addressing your alma mater and saying what was said in that video - you can always just say "we're going to turn this around, I bleed Orange - bl*w me Georgetown!" And that speech would have been just as well received by the fans.

If you say all that YOU set certain expectations with die-hard fans...so if they want to be bitter, have at it.

Yeah, I love that everyone who is feeling bitter will be super excited when the next guy talks about how special a place syracuse university is. Honestly folks, can we all just understand that it's really fun to root for these teams but getting to invested in any single thing a player or coach does in any area other than on the field/court is absurd? I mean, I love JB. LOVE him. But when someone points out that JB doesn't appear to care in the least about any activities his players engage in outside of hoops, even I have to go, "Well ... that's true, but still ..."

It reminds me of the simpsons where big mac says something along the lines of "do we want to talk about all this other stuff or do you want to see me hit some homers?!?!?!" and the whole crowd screams "homers! homers! homers!" It's truly best if we ignore all the other stuff -- whether it's bad things or speeches that make alumni have accidents in their pants.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

WHY WON'T YOU THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!

I will be a little bitter- I admit.

I bought in and never figured he would this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom