Fantasy Baseball 2018? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fantasy Baseball 2018?

So, is the draft next Tuesday, March 27, at 9 pm?
Yes, hope that works for everyone.

We have room for 2 more teams if anyone is interested. Let me know and I'll pass along the link.

I think I delinked from last year. Not the first time I've been delink-quent. Could you hook me up?

I had to auto draft in my ESPN roto league last night because of a church event conflict. Somehow I ended up with all starters and only 1 closer and another guy drafted all closers and only one starter. Might have to swing a deal there

Sorry, guys. My internet had been slow all day, but I didn't realize that I would get disconnected during the draft. Ronald Acuna was an auto pick b/c I couldn't get back in one time. Don't like to draft guys not in the majors.

Bleeping Comcast.

Sorry, guys. My internet had been slow all day, but I didn't realize that I would get disconnected during the draft. Ronald Acuna was an auto pick b/c I couldn't get back in one time. Don't like to draft guys not in the majors.

Bleeping Comcast.

Not to help the competition :) but I actually wouldn't worry too much about Acuna. He'll only be in the minors a few weeks so he doesn't accrue a year of service time for free agency, but he was the Braves hottest hitter in spring training. Think he'll be in contention for rookie of the year.

Not to help the competition :) but I actually wouldn't worry too much about Acuna. He'll only be in the minors a few weeks so he doesn't accrue a year of service time for free agency, but he was the Braves hottest hitter in spring training. Think he'll be in contention for rookie of the year.

Agreed. I drafted Torres and he's starting the year in the minors as well.

But as they say, "Acuna Matata".

Bleeping Comcast.

Acuna should be really good for the Braves.

Acuna is going to be a stud.

That being said, I really like my team. I'm getting sick of winning the regular season only to lose in the playoffs. Hopefully that will change!

Is anybody else having trouble with the yahoo fantasy app on their phone? Just keeps bringing up a white screen for me.

I waited too long to grab Osuna off the waiver wire. Thanks a lot Vlad! I need a closer!

Looks like it’s going to be the top two teams facing off in the final. Mike Zaun was killing me all week but my offense sprung to life on the last day. Just in time. I’m glad I grabbed Mondesi and Conforto off the wire this week. They’re potentially game changers in the final.

Looks like it’s going to be the top two teams facing off in the final. Mike Zaun was killing me all week but my offense sprung to life on the last day. Just in time. I’m glad I grabbed Mondesi and Conforto off the wire this week. They’re potentially game changers in the final.

My bats let me down this week which is frustrating because they didn't need to have a fantastic week for me to win - just a good week.

Great season. I’m ready to concede to Buzhardt’s Luck. He wins due to the playoff tiebreaker. All I needed to win the championship was a stolen base or RBI from Jose Ramirez tonight, but he’s been in an awful slump for about 5 weeks. Close but no cigar.

A well deserved championship. I was gunning for a repeat but alas, ‘‘twas not to be.

Great season. I’m ready to concede to Buzhardt’s Luck. He wins due to the playoff tiebreaker. All I needed to win the championship was a stolen base or RBI from Jose Ramirez tonight, but he’s been in an awful slump for about 5 weeks. Close but no cigar.

A well deserved championship. I was gunning for a repeat but alas, ‘‘twas not to be.

Thanks. I was fortunate this year that my team was pretty healthy at season's end. I was also lucky (in hindsight) that I narrowly won the regular season race.

However, this last week, I felt like Joe Boyd in 'Damn Yankees'. The guy who made the deal with the devil only to have to run that last 90 feet mired in quicksand. It's tough to root against someone who is a fan of Vladimir Guerrero, also one of my faves. Wasn't tough last week, though. You are a really good player, Hak, and you were one step ahead of me last week. Luck was just in my corner at the very end.

Thanks. I was fortunate this year that my team was pretty healthy at season's end. I was also lucky (in hindsight) that I narrowly won the regular season race.

However, this last week, I felt like Joe Boyd in 'Damn Yankees'. The guy who made the deal with the devil only to have to run that last 90 feet mired in quicksand. It's tough to root against someone who is a fan of Vladimir Guerrero, also one of my faves. Wasn't tough last week, though. You are a really good player, Hak, and you were one step ahead of me last week. Luck was just in my corner at the very end.

Congrats! This was another fun league. Much better than my ESPN roto league where I've been mired in 6th place with no real hope of moving up since mid-season.

One possible suggestion for next year I'm throwing out is possibly replacing stolen bases with another stat? I'm not adamant about making a change, but it just doesn't seem like speed is a huge part of the game anymore with the exception of a few players. On the other hand, I can see having variety of players besides HR sluggers.

Thanks! The last two playoff matchups (the final and semifinal) came down to Sunday's games for me. It makes for exciting baseball while the regular season is winding down and football is winding up. I was gunning for a three-peat but I'll have to settle for back to back titles and three out of five with two second place finishes.

The tiebreaker we have in our league (which I love) is H2H record against the other team. It rewards competing against that manager and doesn't just give the tiebreaker to the higher seed.

I love this league. It's got a lot of involved and competitive managers and it makes for fun races at the end. Symphony Steve and I were battling all season long. I looked at your lineup and thought I'd have no shot, but a couple of guys gave me a fighting chance.

To address MSOrange's point about steals, I think it's still worth keeping. The problem is that if you add another hitting category, hits, for instance, you also need to add another pitching category. You could do K/BB or another ratio like that to balance it out.

The one change I'd at least like us to consider next year is maybe ending the playoffs a week earlier, if that's feasible with when Labor Day falls. With several MLB teams having clinched and/or being completely out of it, the lineups are not as stable in late September. Lots of players and pitchers being rested or pulled out of the games earlier, making the final week's matches not representative of the the teams themselves.

This is really a fun league, and I like the fact that it's for bragging rights only. Keep $$'s out of it.

The one change I'd at least like us to consider next year is maybe ending the playoffs a week earlier, if that's feasible with when Labor Day falls. With several MLB teams having clinched and/or being completely out of it, the lineups are not as stable in late September. Lots of players and pitchers being rested or pulled out of the games earlier, making the final week's matches not representative of the the teams themselves.

This is really a fun league, and I like the fact that it's for bragging rights only. Keep $$'s out of it.

I think this is the earliest you can end the league. I tried to make it earlier in the league I manage and we concluded last week as well. We’ll have to see. But yes, I completely agree.

That's a good point. I ran into some issues with the Red Sox started resting JD Martinez and Bogaerts but my whole team slumped in my semifinal matchup so not sure it would have made a huge difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom