Farewell from Aztecland... | Syracusefan.com

Farewell from Aztecland...

AztecFan05

Walk On
Well sports fans, I couldn't be more excited going into this game and truly believed the Aztecs were clicking at the right time and we were well equipped to match up against Syracuse and the vaunted 2-3 zone. I thought that we would lock up Buddy and we'd prove all the mid-major conference/West Coast basketball haters wrong.

And here I am equally embarrassed with the performance I just witnessed from my Aztecs and equally impressed by the performance that the 'Cuse came out with. Boeheim showed that he has the reputation that he does for a reason and he proved once again that This is March.

As an Aztec fan, the only way that I can feel better a little better at this point, is if Buddy goes full-Kemba and you guys have a Final 4 run. Best of luck to you guys and just like the year Kemba knocked out our Kawhi-led team, everyone in San Diego will be rooting for the Orange to go far.

Cheers!

Well sports fans, I couldn't be more excited going into this game and truly believed the Aztecs were clicking at the right time and we were well equipped to match up against Syracuse and the vaunted 2-3 zone. I thought that we would lock up Buddy and we'd prove all the mid-major conference/West Coast basketball haters wrong.

And here I am equally embarrassed with the performance I just witnessed from my Aztecs and equally impressed by the performance that the 'Cuse came out with. Boeheim showed that he has the reputation that he does for a reason and he proved once again that This is March.

As an Aztec fan, the only way that I can feel better a little better at this point, is if Buddy goes full-Kemba and you guys have a Final 4 run. Best of luck to you guys and just like the year Kemba knocked out our Kawhi-led team, everyone in San Diego will be rooting for the Orange to go far.

Cheers!
Thanks AF. Syracuse has been playing better later. But a lot of teams over the years have not handled the SU zone well in the tournament - you are the latest. Buddy has been playing better later, but was spectacular tonight. Hopefully, he keeps it up.

I was confident because of our height advantage, but our defense surprised me. I hope you have a good season next year.

Cheers!

Every SDSU fan who visited has been a pleasure. Your defense annoyed the hell out of us as fans. You guys are too good for the MWC in both major sports and could do well in the Pac-12 and get better prep for the tourney.

You caught an 11 seed that should have been a 6 or better if not for CoVid. Y'all are way too cool to chat with to have your asses handed to you like that. Best of luck next year and hopefully we carry the momentum.

Nice post from a fellow Sandiegon...or is it San Diegonite?
1616214439972.png

Cheers!
I like you. I don’t say that often.
Stay classy San Diego.

Bjorn out!

PS if you run in to any UConn fans out there tell them to kick rocks for me.

I appreciate y’all SUDS fans coming on here. You really have been an articulate and classy bunch. Since my cousin went there, before he went to UCSB and my niece is getting her PhD there, I’ve had an affection for the Aztecs. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Cheers!
As a Syracuse native living in Carlsbad, CA for the past 20 years, i know SDSU is a fine team and will have better moments in the future

Cheers!
you're a class act and SDSU is lucky to have you

Cheers!
Thanks for stopping by and sharing info on the Aztec program.

Some days, a team struggles to do anything right. Some days, teams seem destined to dominate and can’t do anything wrong. Last night, San Diego State had an awful night and Syracuse had a great one.

If the teams played 20 times, I do not think we would see this lopsided result the other 19. Good luck next year and enjoy that awesome weather.

it's easy to be classy when you live in the best place in the world

to be as classy as me is an accomplishment

seriously, SU is a nightmare matchup in the tournament. they slip in the seedings from coaches learning over time how to deal with a weird zone then they go to the tournament and play someone who has never seen it and can't replicate it. if they played 10 times, it would probably be 5-5

Cheers!
You're very gracious which is tough in defeat. Thank you for coming on over.

Cheers!

This is the nicest post anyone has ever made here!

Can you stay and become a Syracuse fan? How can I recruit you?

Cheers!
I will tell my grandkids about your ‘like’ ratio..

Remember our famous slogan from Wayyyyy Back...

"Win or lose, we still booze".
Wait a second...SU is also the reigning and defending party school of the year.

And as welcome as your post is, sincere and well-intentioned, please don't mention Kemba Walker's 2011 tournament.

Thanks to clutch shooting by Scoop Jardine SU had them in OT in the Big East tournament.
Where the Orange missed dunks and chippies.
We should have KO'd them there and short-circuited any Kemba run.
To this day one of the most aggravating games ever.

But thanks...you mean well.

Aztec fans were real ones. Best of luck next year, if there’s a team to re-legitimize the west its you guys and Oregon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom