Farrell doubtful (now out) | Syracusefan.com

Farrell doubtful (now out)

I'll say it... if we lose this game, it would be a really bad loss. The top two players on this ND team are not playing and we are at home. ND is well coached and they will battle, but we need to put this one away.

Double digits? I just hope they win period. I could have accepted a loss to Notre Dame had they taken care of business at Wake.

I'll say it... if we lose this game, it would be a really bad loss. The top two players on this ND team are not playing and we are at home. ND is well coached and they will battle, but we need to put this one away.

Yup, no excuses.

After last night's crapfest I wouldn't be too confident about this team's chances in any remaining ACC tilt.

100634d1489711576-sear-prices-stalling-falling-cl.jpeg

Overreaction much?

You still have to make the plays to win the game. I've seen too many times a team was supposed to win because the other team was crippled by injuries and that's what they thought, too and it didn't work out well.

So who's the unknown ND guy who rarely plays that will come off the bench and roast us with 5 treys?

Hate this. Now if we lose, it looks terrible but if we win, it doesnt count. However, 2-1 start in acc play isnt bad.

At this point every ACC win is good. Think if we can get to .500 we'll make the tournament.

The issue is, I'm not sure our depth chart is sustainable for even half of ACC play.

IMO beating Wake would on the road would have scrapped the St Bonnie loss. I also think this will still be tough win to get even with Farrell & Colson out. Maybe not a great win but will look like it down the road.
Watched some of St Bonnie last night - lose at Dayton in a pretty non-competitive effort. That game bugs me more than last night.

Watched some of St Bonnie last night - lose at Dayton in a pretty non-competitive effort. That game bugs me more than last night.

Dayton is having a pretty bad year to, that loss and Wake are going to come back to haunt u ala St. Johns and Gtown last year. Even getting that Duke win wasn't enough to overcome the bad losses. Going to need to win some of these road games against less then stellar teams and hold serve at home.

Dayton is having a pretty bad year to, that loss and Wake are going to come back to haunt u ala St. Johns and Gtown last year. Even getting that Duke win wasn't enough to overcome the bad losses. Going to need to win some of these road games against less then stellar teams and hold serve at home.
yeah cuz everything else about last year (8-5 heading into conf, 0 road/neutral Ws) was the same as this year (11-2, 2)

So who's the unknown ND guy who rarely plays that will come off the bench and roast us with 5 treys?
Not sure but he's likely Caucasian or a former walk on, averages 1.0 PPG, and one of his threes will either bank or hit every part of the rim and fall through, likely with less than two minutes to go in a close game.

yeah cuz everything else about last year (8-5 heading into conf, 0 road/neutral Ws) was the same as this year (11-2, 2)

This years team like last years will have little margin of error despite the improved OOC because there unlikely to get multiple wins against the top part of the conference ie Duke, UNC, FSU, etc. When we have winnable road games with favorable circumstances (leading scorer out injured) we need to take advantage. The wins against Maryland and Gtown should be nice (Uconn is awful) come tourney time but losing to a 7-6 bad Wake team and St. Bonnies losing to an under. 500 Dayton team is going to be hurtful if were on the bubble again which unfortunately appears likely due to our lack of depth and scoring.

Our offense is worse this year, but the defense is about 5 times better. We’ve already beaten three teams around us in VPI, Maryland, and Georgetown. Last year we had none at this point. I’m not as concerned as most because there’s a lot of mediocrity in the ACC this year and I expect JB will find a way to have us beating good teams. We’ve already limited our bad losses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom