Fatal Flaw | Syracusefan.com

Fatal Flaw

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
with this team is the offense or lack there of. If we can make it to the sweet 16 it will be an accomplishment. We don't have that one player who can carry us every game to make a deep run. I've accepted it.

with this team is the offense or lack there of. If we can make it to the sweet 16 it will be an accomplishment. We don't have that one player who can carry us every game to make a deep run. I've accepted it.
I think we need to move MCW off the ball more. Not all the time, but let BT start more plays and run more of the curls for MCW instead. Nothing against the other guys, and not saying MCW is perfect by any means, but I think he creates more problems for the defense when he gets in the lane off curls with his passing ability. From the top of the key the D just makes MCW go left and he isn't strong enough to really do much from there. Plus, the other guys are better spot up shooters.

The definition of a W is having more points than the other team when the buzzer sounds. Of course, that means the ball needs to go through the hoop.

Defense certainly helps the cause, but games are won by scoring.

We are not only very inconsistent (at best) at scoring, we put up more head-scratching shots than in recent memory.

I've tempered my expectations for this team, but it wasn't because of this loss, or the Uconn loss, or the Pitt loss. I realized months ago this team is limited on offense. These games just confirm my suspicions. It is what it is. It's not being negative, it's just reality.

Cooney might have it in him. He had two great shots earlier today, even if they didn't fall. I really think he needs more playing time.

The definition of a W is having more points than the other team when the buzzer sounds. Of course, that means the ball needs to go through the hoop.

Defense certainly helps the cause, but games are won by scoring.

We are not only very inconsistent (at best) at scoring, we put up more head-scratching shots than in recent memory.

I've tempered my expectations for this team, but it wasn't because of this loss, or the Uconn loss, or the Pitt loss. I realized months ago this team is limited on offense. These games just confirm my suspicions. It is what it is. It's not being negative, it's just reality.

Reality isn't allowed here. You need to wear orange-colored glasses and expect this team to cut down the nets in April. Anything less is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not one of our better teams and that's ok, the parts don't fit well together. We don't have a guard who can create his own shot, and finish consistently at the rim which opens up shooters. Cooney was supposed to be a shooter but hasn't found a rhythm. Our guards are up and down, and overall this is one of the worst shooting teams we have had.

GoHam is right on point...this team lacks scoring ability. There are only 3 people that are, I guess, go to players, CJ, James, and Triche. CJ needs touches, Triche comes out and plays when he wants to, like a light switch, and James is...an anomaly. This team just doesn't have "IT" this year.

MCW isn't a scorer, what I saw in his highlight videos made me think that.
The Coon, just isn't ready yet, hopefully he make a big jump next year.
Maybe MG can provide scoring next year, if he plays the 2 like I heard he is projected too he can post up smaller guards.
Hope CJ can keep developing.
Keita will be Keita.
Ennis will be a promising player next year, looks great in his videos.
I have high expectations for Buss and BJ as scorers.
Roberson is the typical SU forward.

We need a low post presence, hopefully DC2 can do that in the near future, maybe Chris McC can do that as well. Obokoh hasn't been known as someone who puts the ball in the hole from hearing about his high school play.

If we ran an offensive set that would be nice, like getting it to C.J. on the low block not James shooting 30 footers.

This is not one of our better teams and that's ok, the parts don't fit well together. We don't have a guard who can create his own shot, and finish consistently at the rim which opens up shooters. Cooney was supposed to be a shooter but hasn't found a rhythm. Our guards are up and down, and overall this is one of the worst shooting teams we have had.

Cooney's shot preparation isn't ready for primetime. His footwork is worse than Triche's (if possible). I can't remember the last time he shot a full-on squared-up jumper. Everything is fading right or left, or backwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom