Favorable ACC Schedule | Syracusefan.com

Favorable ACC Schedule

Dave85

Living Legend
"Following the Hokies on Saturday, the Orange gets in order Georgia Tech, Florida State, Wake Forest, Clemson, Boston College and Miami, all except FSU (No.8) picked to finish between 10-15 in the preseason poll, the best schedule draw you could ask for, especially for a team still “learning” its way."

http://sujuiceonline.com/2014/12/30...shakes-out-favorably-for-syracuse-basketball/

Luckily, we do not have some of the harder teams earlier in the ACC schedule.

what sucks is that we have very little margin for error. cant afford any What losses. the nova game could really come back to haunt us if we dont take care of business against the lesser teams. we would have had our signature road win, and sometimes 1 is all you need. we have a chance to get on a nice winning streak and pile up some W's but it wont be easy, i dont consider any conference road game to be "easy".

This is not favorable in the context of the 'last 10 games' concept. And this may be a season where that is the difference between getting in or not.

"Following the Hokies on Saturday, the Orange gets in order Georgia Tech, Florida State, Wake Forest, Clemson, Boston College and Miami, all except FSU (No.8) picked to finish between 10-15 in the preseason poll, the best schedule draw you could ask for, especially for a team still “learning” its way."

http://sujuiceonline.com/2014/12/30...shakes-out-favorably-for-syracuse-basketball/

Luckily, we do not have some of the harder teams earlier in the ACC schedule.

This is not favorable in the context of the 'last 10 games' concept. And this may be a season where that is the difference between getting in or not.

the last 10 concept has been removed from the selection criteria for at least 5 years. Its about the body of work -- a game on November 10 is worth as much as a game on March 1. It's been clear in the communications from the committee and in the at large selections / exclusions.

I am aware of that, but I don't believe it isn't a consideration in many committee minds; two 21-10 teams are being considered and one lost 7 of its last 10 games and the other has won 7 - its just human nature. I doubt there are metrics relevant to this discussion, but let me know if you are aware of any.

the last 10 concept has been removed from the selection criteria for at least 5 years. Its about the body of work -- a game on November 10 is worth as much as a game on March 1. It's been clear in the communications from the committee and in the at large selections / exclusions.

Good point. Ouch, the pain, the pain. Ode to last season:

So we're screwed either way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom