Favorable schedule? | Syracusefan.com

Favorable schedule?

BillSU

All American
We are going to find out.

PALO ALTO – Stanford will go into its first ACC conference game coming off its first blowout and first home win of the Troy Taylor era.

The Cardinal broke open a surprisingly tight game against FCS-level Cal Poly with 34 unanswered points en route to a 41-7 win Saturday at Stanford Stadium.

Ashton Daniels completed 19 of 23 passes for 221 yards and two touchdowns and highly-touted freshman Elijah Brown threw a touchdown pass on his first possession. Stanford’s defense dominated except for one trick play that resulted in Cal Poly’s only score, and the special teams also came through. Sophomore receiver Tiger Bachmeier became the first Cardinal since Christian McCaffrey to return a punt for a touchdown, linebacker Tristan Sinclair ran 6 yards for a first down on a fake punt and 6-foot-7 defensive tackle Aristotle Taylor blocked a 41-yard field goal.

Stanford is 1-1 having been beaten by TCU 34 – 27 on Aug. 29

We are going to find out.

PALO ALTO – Stanford will go into its first ACC conference game coming off its first blowout and first home win of the Troy Taylor era.

The Cardinal broke open a surprisingly tight game against FCS-level Cal Poly with 34 unanswered points en route to a 41-7 win Saturday at Stanford Stadium.

Ashton Daniels completed 19 of 23 passes for 221 yards and two touchdowns and highly-touted freshman Elijah Brown threw a touchdown pass on his first possession. Stanford’s defense dominated except for one trick play that resulted in Cal Poly’s only score, and the special teams also came through. Sophomore receiver Tiger Bachmeier became the first Cardinal since Christian McCaffrey to return a punt for a touchdown, linebacker Tristan Sinclair ran 6 yards for a first down on a fake punt and 6-foot-7 defensive tackle Aristotle Taylor blocked a 41-yard field goal.

Stanford is 1-1 having been beaten by TCU 34 – 27 on Aug. 29
Stanford is awful.

This should be a 45 - 10 type game.

Last year after 4-0; Clemson, @UNC, @ FSU, @VT - Shrader was shot pretty much after Clemson and done as a passer after VT. Wake was a big time gutty performance by him, not nearly enough credit.

2022 6-0 then Clemson, ND, @Pitt, FSU, all finished ranked, all very physical - again Shrader got beat up, couldn’t go vs Pitt, very limited vs FSU.

This year the most physical stretch is @NCSt, @Pitt, VT, @BC - challenging, but not the stretch of physical mismatches of the last two years. The team should not be beat up like it was the last two years.

I really wish you hadn't said that. I am always scared
C'mon, it's Stanford. We zip in, we light 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not playing Alabama. It's Stanford. It's like playing Uconn.

Stanford might be a bit better than last year but they aren’t good.

I was at Stanford-TCU game. Ashton Daniels can run, he brought them back several times against TCU. They bring in good ol Justin Lamson to throw in the red zone sometimes. 8 returning starters on O. They will score.

That said our offense should be able to move the ball pretty well against them, didn't see much to impress me on D.

C'mon, it's Stanford. We zip in, we light 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not playing Alabama. It's Stanford. It's like playing Uconn.

I'm not giving up the home game, Stanford has to come here

Stanford might be a bit better than last year but they aren’t good.

They have no talent but I do think they have a pretty decent HC. Given that he has 2 weeks to prep, I am not looking past them.

I'm reminded of the scene in the sting where Redford says they aren't as tough as they think and Newman says neither are we

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom