Favorite away game | Syracusefan.com

Favorite away game

3UNCdooksux

Walk On
Greetings! Tar Heel fan here coming in peace for discussion. With the 3-5-5 model going into effect in 2023 we will no longer have to wait up to 12 years to visit some schools. I was just wondering what are everyone's favorite away game experience? Least favorite? Most overrated and most underrated?

Favorite: UVA. Not so much the game atmosphere itself but beautiful campus. And although cannot really walk to it the downtown mall is nice. Favorite campus after UNC.

Least favorite: NCSU. Not worth another near miss altercation with their extreme fans.

Most overrated: GT. Hate Atlanta. The overrated aspect of Atlanta gives this GT by association.

Most underrated: Tie between VT and Pitt.. VT is known to be great but I think it's better than it gets credit. Walk ability to a downtown and beautiful campus and setting. And Pitt while not ideal to be in an NFL stadium Pittsburgh has a lot to offer. Great food, Great museums, and the Cathedral of Learning is phenomenal!

Last edited:
about 20 years ago I spent a couple of nights in Chapel Hill that happened to coincide with homecoming. Franklin street was amazing. We ended up at some house parties on Saturday night after the game. The MILF/Coed meter was off the charts. You guys really know how to do homecoming.

I really wish I got that client...

Favorite away city: Boston - there's just a lot to do. Least favorite: Miami - I hate that airport.

Greetings! Tar Heel fan here coming in peace for discussion. With the 3-5-5 model going into effect in 2023 we will no longer have to wait up to 12 years to visit some schools. I was just wondering what are everyone's favorite away game experience? Least favorite? Most overrated and most underrated?

Favorite: UVA. Not so much the game atmosphere itself but beautiful campus. And although cannot really walk to it the downtown mall is nice. Favorite campus after UNC.

Least favorite: NCSU. Not worth another near miss altercation with their extreme fans.

Most overrated: GT. Hate Atlanta. The overrated aspect of Atlanta gives this GT by association.

Most underrated: Tie between VT and Pitt.. VT is known to be great but I think it's better than it gets credit. Walk ability to a downtown and beautiful campus and setting. And Pitt while not ideal to be in an NFL stadium Pittsburgh has a lot to offer. Great food, Great museums, and the Cathedral of Learning is phenomenal!

Bobby Dodd is actually an extremely cool stadium. Watched UGA beat them there rew years back then caught the Auburn 100+ yard game winning kick return vs Bama through a store front on the walk out... But the traffic in before and out after was putrid.

UVA is probably my favorite away venue. Gorgeous campus, interesting bowl stadium, thought the grass embankment was a cool touch.

Pittsburgh overall is a cool city but never been there for a 30% full panthers game. Probably great for an NFL game.

Least favorite venue for me was Met Life. Cookie cutter stadium that cost how much?!? Parking was a crap shoot and tailgating in seas of asphalt on hot days isn't ideal. Shame we couldn't beat Penn State as well but QB issues ruled the day

I’ve only been to Louisville for an ACC road game*. Cool city, stadium was fine. Went to Churchill Downs before the game, which was cool.

*Also Maryland, the one year there was ACC overlap.

Hmmm for me.

My bottomline is I want a win.

So last year Virginia Tech and Ohio were up there.

I'd rate UVA higher but the walk from parking was super long. I love the away games where the stadium is on campus, parking is pretty straightforward for visitors, the fans engaged and overall the prices are reasonable and there is something extra to do outside the game.

I do an annual rating at Nunesmagician.com this was last year

Look for this year's rating of Cuse road games in a few weeks.

I wish I had the ability to get to more away games. I tend to stay hyper regional. I've done BC. I've done Rutgers and Temple in the Big East days. Doing UConn this year.

Not a deep bench to pull from sadly.

Wish Maryland had stayed in the ACC for easy regional roadie.

Thing is the Dome is so much better than any other venue honestly. I havent even been up since AC and center board add but not having to worry about weather on game day rain, snow, wind, sun, etc is brilliant and sight lines are second to none

Went to Clemson game when dungey was leading the troops and was one play away from pulling off the upset. Probably one of the best trips ever been on. Stayed in Downtown Greenville which is fantastic. The fans were incredible. The stadium is very clean and the experience was absolutely great. Been there for a couple basketball games as well (that place gets loudddd) and the people honestly were amazing. Esso right across the street was perfect for pregaming. Awesome

2036 away schedule.

Army, Uconn, Temple, Colgate, Wake
At least there are 7 home games…

Has Syracuse ever played a game in Hamilton? If so, I imagine it had to be before 1907.

At least there are 7 home games…

Has Syracuse ever played a game in Hamilton? If so, I imagine it had to be before 1907.
Home schedule

Navy Villanova WVU Duke Washington State Arizona VTech

I wish I had the ability to get to more away games. I tend to stay hyper regional. I've done BC. I've done Rutgers and Temple in the Big East days. Doing UConn this year.

Not a deep bench to pull from sadly.
I'm now a long walk or a Broad Street line ride away from the Linc. I may go to a Temple game this fall.

Have you made it up to Syracuse yet for a game? Is Texan Mark's tailgate guide still around. Cuse isn't a big city like Boston, Atlanta or Pittsburgh but still some nice things to do. I always recommend a sidetrip to Cooperstown if possible.

Home schedule

Navy Villanova WVU Duke Washington State Arizona VTech
Would be a GREAT b-ball league at the top, and a football league we can win. I’m in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom