Favorite commentary from last night | Syracusefan.com

Favorite commentary from last night

OrangeOnions

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
Joe Tessitore, "3rd and 1, Bailey scored again. Najee Goode run over. They're knocking on half a hunge."

Rod Gilmore, "Yah. Syracuse is playing like the bully of the East. Wow. This is like back in the day. This is good old fashion power football."

Awesome.

DSC04852.JPG

Oh yeah, I was so happy to hear that broadcast on national TV. Finally some positive coverage of what we fans have seen since Marrone came to town. Between that game and the move to the ACC I imagine our recruiting will be helped a bit.

I loved the replay from behind the endzone with Bailey running straight for it. You get to see him lower his shoulder and knock the guy right on his butt.

Except Rod Gilmore wore a much uglier blue tie last night.

Awesome.

Loving me some Joe Tesitore. Just finished watching the replay and seriously can't get much higher. A non stop Cuse lovefest the likes of which I haven't seen in many years. Crowd looked great, crowd WAS great, O, D, Specials, coaches, all hitting on all cylinders, night game envir., half the house sauced up, a million texts received while at the game from around the nation last night about great it all looked. Wow, cloud 9 gents...[/quote]

One of the best comments was "the Big East is like a burning house with people running out the front door, hoping they can put out the fire, and invite some more house guests" Way to go Joe - tell it like it is!!!

From what I could tell from the replay last night (I was bombed and falling asleep), it was like Midnight Madness, football edition. They talked up the school the whole time, they even got a shot from the Varsity and talked about that tradition. Really awesome stuff.

Joe Tessitore, "3rd and 1, Bailey scored again. Najee Goode run over. They're knocking on half a hunge."

Rod Gilmore, "Yah. Syracuse is playing like the bully of the East. Wow. This is like back in the day. This is good old fashion power football."

Awesome.

ESPN needs a return on its investment in Syracuse, Pitt and the ACC. They have a financial incentive to build us up.

Yeah ... I'm addicted ... watching a replay of the game AGAIN ... on my DVR ... haven't had this much joy over Cuse football in quite some time!

Is it me or does Tessitore look kinda scared in that shot? Almost like Chandler Jones showed up in the booth and said ... "Keep it up and you'll end up like Gino" and Tessitore is just giving him his lunch money :)

...fact that they kept saying 'Cuse looked old...as in our days ago when we were a top notch team and finally on the rise again...