Favorite movies that nobody you know has seen | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Favorite movies that nobody you know has seen

Run Lola Run - This is a 1998 German film about a girl who has 20 minutes to come up with 100,000 German Marks to save her boyfriend's life. The same story is told 3 times, but each time tiny little things happen differently, and they end up having huge impacts on how things unfold. Similar to Sliding Doors but way better.

My copy says the films' name is Lola Rennt :eek:

This isn't 2003 (when I first saw it) it is a cult classic now. My wife ordered me a copy in like 2005 and now everybody I know has seen it.

famous director YES . martin scorsese. but not many people i know have seen AFTER HOURS.

also loved circa same time line jonathan demme's SOMETHING WILD and tom waits in CANDY MOUNTAIN. john cusack in SOME GIRLS and MY DINNER WITH ANDRE.( last one people tend to either love or hate).

Also love Demme's "Melvin and Howard", based on the maybe true, maybe fictitious, meeting in the desert between Howard Hughes and Melvin Dummar. Great ensemble cast, Mary Steenburgen is fantastic, and it's both humorous and poignant.

My copy says the films' name is Lola Rennt :eek:

This isn't 2003 (when I first saw it) it is a cult classic now. My wife ordered me a copy in like 2005 and now everybody I know has seen it.
You must run in more cultured circles than me. :noidea:

You must run in more cultured circles than me. :noidea:

:oops: My point was I shared that flick with everyone I knew a while ago. It was on like HBO Zone when cable TV was still in its Golden Age... I am glad you discovered it. My prior post sounded a bit condescending it was only recently revealed to me that I am a douchebag so my apologies, habits are hard to break. I do hear it is pretty popular among the hipsters.

I just saw Killing Them Softly and it instantly bumped into my top 10 all-time and I had never heard of it before so I am going mention that, though it being a Brad Pitt I am sure many have seen it. It was a damn fine flick and in my humble opinion the best political statement ending of any movie ever.

:oops: My point was I shared that flick with everyone I knew a while ago. It was on like HBO Zone when cable TV was still in its Golden Age... I am glad you discovered it. My prior post sounded a bit condescending it was only recently revealed to me that I am a douchebag so my apologies, habits are hard to break. I do hear it is pretty popular among the hipsters.

I just saw Killing Them Softly and it instantly bumped into my top 10 all-time and I had never heard of it before so I am going mention that, though it being a Brad Pitt I am sure many have seen it. It was a damn fine flick and in my humble opinion the best political statement ending of any movie ever.

It's all good man, I was just making a joke, didn't mean to come off as butt hurt.

UHF is Michael Richards greatest role ever.

My movie no one has ever seen is 84 Charlie MoPic. Vietnam movie about a camera man filming footage. Anyone?

I am sure some here will have seen this movie but pretty much everyone I know has not. They think I am crazy for liking a movie about chess. It is probably one of my favorite movies of all time.

UHF is Michael Richards greatest role ever.

My movie no one has ever seen is 84 Charlie MoPic. Vietnam movie about a camera man filming footage. Anyone?
Had to watch it for my class on Vietnam on the hill. Don't remember it because it blended into the 8 other movies we watched about vietnam.

If the critics and box office numbers are to be believed, I'll say John Carter.

Was having this conversation a few days ago, trading movies to watch. Love the hidden gems, but then hate that nobody else has seen them.

Gonna start off with one of my favorite finds about a DJ that goes deaf and finds its the best thing that happened to him... the lead actor - Paul Kaye - is brilliant
(Also, he now plays one of the newest characters in GoT... which you should be watching!).

'It's All Gone Pete Tong' (2004)

Harold and Maude, about a kid who is obsessed with death and keeps freaking out his family by faking suicide. Kid builds the coolest hearse you'll ever see that I'd love to own. Also, great soundtrack (Cat Stevens).

Harold and Maude, about a kid who is obsessed with death and keeps freaking out his family by faking suicide. Kid builds the coolest hearse you'll ever see that I'd love to own. Also, great soundtrack (Cat Stevens).
Love that film! Big Cat Stevens fan too, but I doubt I would like Yusef Islam, as he is now known.
My movie that no on has seen is "A boy and his dog" starring a young Don (Miami Vice) Johnson in a post apocalyptic world.

Love that film! Big Cat Stevens fan too, but I doubt I would like Yusef Islam, as he is now known.
My movie that no on has seen is "A boy and his dog" starring a young Don (Miami Vice) Johnson in a post apocalyptic world.

Classic! Also it included what instantly became my 2nd favorite p@rn movie title: Fistfull of Rawhide. (2nd only to "Catholic High School Girls in Trouble").

Good movie that's on Netflix streaming that no one I know has seen, "Monsters". It's a Mexican film (though it stars a couple gringos), and it's after an alien invasion in which humanity has survived, but there are parts of Mexico that are quarantined and extremely dangerous because of the creatures contained there. A photojournalist is paid to go pick up I think his boss's daughter (or something, it's been awhile), so he goes down to Mexico and guides her through the danger zone to the US border.

It's more about atmosphere than anything, because there really isn't much by way of actual action or monsters, but the threat is always looming so it's still a pretty tense movie. It's got a nice post-apocalyptic feel to it as well.

I'd recommend it if it sounds like something that may be up your alley.