Favorite Songs Of The 1970's | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Favorite Songs Of The 1970's

That Joe Ely Live Shots album came from a tour where Ely opened for The Clash.

His Honky Tonk Masquerade album is one of my faves from the '70's.

And Butch Hancock is one of the most criminally-underappreciated songwriters of all time! GREAT stuff, Moqui!

I think I have told this story before: I was a young teenager - 13 or 14 - when I came across a copy of Miles Davis' Bitches Brew at a yard sale for 50 cents (it had a deep scratch that rendered the side-long title cut unlistenable, but it was a double album so it still had 3 good sides). I was not a jazz fan at the time, but he album cover - and title - looked really cool, so I took it home and instantly had my mind blown.

my favorite cut from that album
[song: Miles Runs the Voodoo Down]

I think I have told this story before: I was a young teenager - 13 or 14 - when I came across a copy of Miles Davis' Bitches Brew at a yard sale for 50 cents (it had a deep scratch that rendered the side-long title cut unlistenable, but it was a double album so it still had 3 good sides). I was not a jazz fan at the time, but he album cover - and title - looked really cool, so I took it home and instantly had my mind blown.

my favorite cut from that album
[s o n g: Miles Runs the Voodoo Down]

Huge bebop fan back when, from TS Monk to Mingus to Miles to Coltrane to Parker.

Huge bebop fan back when, from TS Monk to Mingus to Miles to Coltrane to Parker.
tried to get my wife to give our little boy the middle name of Mingus, but she balked.

instead, we have three quarterhorses named Miles, Monk and Mingus

Thelonious may be the best first name of all time.

Oh, and his middle name was Sphere.

Thelonious. Sphere. Monk.

Joe Walsh's greatness should not be diminished by his association with the hated Eagles.

from his time with The James Gang
[song: Funk #49]

Ted Nugent was huge in my hometown . . . musically, I thought he was a buffoon, but I must admit I always liked this song
[song: Stranglehold]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom