Favorite Songs Of The 1970's | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Favorite Songs Of The 1970's

[Eyes of the World - 1973 syracuse]

Do I get extra points finding one from syracuse 73'???? :D
Takes me back to 18 years old the snow covering the ground, the frozen pine trees and the light glowing from the streetlights :)

Do I get extra points finding one from syracuse 73'???? :D
Takes me back to 18 years old the snow covering the ground, the frozen pine trees and the light glowing from the streetlights :)
You get extra points of you tag these.
Just go back to the last post before yours and just follow suit.

TVZ needs to be represented in this thread.

couldn't agree more . . . here he is with what I believe is the definitive take on the Stones' "Dead Flowers." This is the version that played over the closing credits in "The Big Lebowski." Although the TVZ version is from 1993, the song was originally released on Sticky Fingers in 1971, so I am going to include it here on a technicality.
[song: Dead Flowers]

how about a run of British Glam Rock?
I am going to skip over Bowie and Queen, each of whom deserve their own sub threads.

T. Rex, the ones who started it all
[song: Bang a Gong (Get it On)]

Slade, much superior to the American knock off Quiet Riot
[song: Mama, Weer All Crazee Now]

Iggy deserves his own run, but for now a couple from the Stooges' Raw Power
[song: Search and Destroy]

based out of Ithaca, I believe

Years before I met her, my ex and her sister dated various members of Orleans. I'm not sure exactly what, but that must say something about my taste in women.

Here's their other big hit, then and now a staple at proms and dances...

[song: Dance With Me]

[s o n g: Europa - Santana]

Must Have, maybe the most underated song ever written.

Now you got it! Thanks for tagging. The one above Carlos is missing the word song with colon.
But yeah I agree, amazing song by Santana. :)

couldn't agree more . . . here he is with what I believe is the definitive take on the Stones' "Dead Flowers." This is the version that played over the closing credits in "The Big Lebowski." Although the TVZ version is from 1993, the song was originally released on Sticky Fingers in 1971, so I am going to include it here on a technicality.

Great call.

And here's the Flying Burrito Brothers' version of "Wild Horses" with Gram Parsons on vocals, that actually was released before the Stones' version.

[song: Wild Horses]

And the album covers in those days kicked ass, too.

[song: See the Sky About to Rain]

Nick Lowe appears to be about 15 years old here. Brinsley Schwarz and Bob Andrews would go on to back the great Graham Parker.

[song: Surrender to the Rhythm]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom