Favorite Songs Of The 1970's | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Favorite Songs Of The 1970's

Another beautiful song by David and Bacharach, this song was recorded by 2 artists in the 60s - Keely Smith and Rosemary Clooney - with moderate success however it became a hit in the 70s for the 5th Dimension.

[song: One Less Bell To Answer]

a little Wolfman Jack thrown in for good measure.....

[song: Don't Call Us, We'll Call You]

Last edited:
was just listening to the CBC today and they aired the second part of a tribute to the canadien greats guess who.
mostly discussed the split between randy bachman and burton cummings but mentioned " clap for the wolf man"
as the guess who's last hit. here below however is something i heard randy tell that i did not know. (from wiki)

Randy Bachman had sung what would later become "Takin' Care of Business" while still a member of The Guess Who. His original idea was to write about a recording technician who worked on The Guess Who's recordings. This particular technician would take the 8:15 train to get to work, inspiring the lyrics "take the 8:15 into the city." The standard uniform worn by technicians at the studio was a white collared shirt, which inspired the title "White Collar Worker."

In the early arrangement for the song, the chorus riff and vocal melody were similar to that of The Beatles' "Paperback Writer." When Randy first played this version for Burton Cummings, Cummings declared that he was ashamed of him and that The Guess Who would never record the song because the Beatles would sue them.[1]

or so the story goes.

I didn't know that either. Together and apart, they did alright for themselves - a lot of good music by all.

since I'm all out of shame I guess it's time for a little show and tell....

[song: Show And Tell]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom