Favorite Starting Lineup | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Favorite Starting Lineup

Hello everyone.. as we begin another season, I wanted to have some fun. This has been done before but still fun regardless. Please share your favorite lineup followed by the immediate second favorite lineup. Lets enjoy!

Carter-Williams/Flynn
McNamara/Rautins
Anthony/Fair
Wes/Warrick
AO/Kieta

Pearl/Dennis Duval
Gmac/Greg Khols/Jimmy Lee
Anthony/Rudy Hackett
Derrick Coleman/John Wallace
Seikly/Rosevelt Bouie

I loved Greg Monroe too. The steady set-shot shooter from Rochester was a huge part of that '87 should have been champion team. I think a G-Mac or Matt Roe or Cooney might have posted similar numbers with that team, just because teams didn't have a game plan to guard against the 3 point shot in that first year.
That's a good point.
Greg Monroe owned that corner jumper.
The classic was that pre-shot clock OT game against St. John's.
Half the team had fouled out.
Boeheim held the ball for two and a half minutes...and then Monroe drilled the jumper.

Going to switch it up a bit. Not all are my favorites, but I present to you the all nickname team:
PG The General
SG Poetry in Moten
SF Melo
PF Slick Rick the Ruler
C DC
Bench: The Pearl, Hak, Scoop, Red. Yes, we are guard heavy, but they're point guards. They should have nicknames!
And don't forget to add the other "Red" to your bench.

I need me some Allen Griffin. The kid was a team player and a winner.

Sherman Douglas
Dave Bing (changed it from Raf)
Melo
Derrick Coleman
Roosevelt Bouie

Honorable mentions: Pearl Washington, Raf Addison, Billy Owens, John Wallace, Lawrence Moten, Rony Seikaly, Hakim, Kid Kohls, Louie Orr, Dennis Duval plus the length of MCW etc - throwing in GMac for close games would be fun to mix and match also. :)

Ding, ding, ding.

Winner.

fine, ill do this june/july excercise:

Pearl
Moten
Melo
DC
Forth

backed up by

Sherm
Stevie
Wallace
Billy
Otis

id find a roster spot for Hart & Raf.

For me I'm starting my front line with Billy and DC every time. I was on the same track as you though, take the best PG use DC as the center and then 2 more of our greatest forwards. Then at the 2G I just felt like Andy was the best fit with his all around game as well as the deadly shooting.

Exactly, Billy was a damn beast, and an exceptional player. Him and DC frontline is terrific

Exactly, Billy was a damn beast, and an exceptional player. Him and DC frontline is terrific

Its easy to forget how good some of the players that have gone by were but in our system as a forward Billy could pretty much do everything for you. Pair him with Melo another forward who could score from anywhere and let DC clean house on the block.

Wow, I gotta say everybody is entitled to their opinion. I also understand some of the younger posters here not being fully cognisant of how good some of the all-time greats were & as a result of their mentioning more recent names.

However, the one name several posters have put on their lists that totally shocks me is Fab. IMHO, his personal screw ups and irresponsibility probably cost us a NC or at the very least a FF appearance. I find it really, really hard to see this guy mentioned in the same sentence as so many of our icons.

I was pretty young for when Rony was here but in my opinion there has been nobody since that time that is even close talent wise to play the 5 as Fab was. Absolute goof off the court clearly...but on the court that dude was a perfect fit for the middle of the zone and was only a sophomore.

Wow, nobody, myself included, have mentioned this guy - our all-time most underrated player who I should probably at least add to my honorable mention list - Rudy Hackett !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom