Favourite and/or best Canuck to play for SU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Favourite and/or best Canuck to play for SU

put jamaal magloire on the cuse instead of kentucky and we win that championship.

... Leo was one of those players that could dominate a game without taking a shot. His passing was extraordinary. The only better passers in that era of NCAA basketball may have been Bird and Magic.

People may not believe this but it's true.

Leo Rautins is by far THE most under-appreciated player in Syracuse history.
He excelled in every aspect of the game.
In my view the best all-around SU player ever.
If not for his bad knees he'd have had an even better college career and probably been an NBA star.

And as it is he's the only SU player to have three triple doubles in his career...one of them against G-town.

Just wondering what everybody thinks about my fellow Countrymen. There may be others that I can’t think of right off hand, but here are five that come to mind.

- Kris Joseph
- Leo Rautins
- Andy Rautins
- Tyler Ennis
- Oshae Brissett

Up to this point in time it is my opinion that Leo had the greatest impact, with son Andy a close second. Tyler could have been the one had he stuck around a couple more years. My man Leo was the reason I started following Orange hoops back in the early 80’s. There has been some debate as to which Rautins was in fact the best shooter. For example, during the six O/T game in ’09 versus Uconn the announcers seemed to be giving the “shooting” nod to Andy.

Now, having said all this, I believe if we have a really successful season this year and Oshae gets his game to where we all think it could be then he may take over the top spot.

What do you think?

Roger Rollocks, Duane Notice.

lest we forget former greats okan onada and wheezie theerise .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom