FCS vs FBS 1st 2 Weeks Win Margin | Syracusefan.com

FCS vs FBS 1st 2 Weeks Win Margin

44cuse

All Conference
There was some discussion yesterday in the chat room regarding FCS vs. FBS schools. I went and checked the numbers from this season and it strongly supports that most FCS schools are not competitive against FBS schools. Did not have the time to go and check previous years and also did this comparing scores and recording on a spreadsheet (eyeballing), but I think I caught most of them from weeks 1 and 2.

2011 FBS vs FCS record: 39-2
Avg Margin of Victory: 27 pts
Total Games Under 10 pts: 8 (out of 41)
Total Games Under 20 pts: 14 (out of 41)

For the purposes of this exercise, I considered a "blowout" losing by 4 TD's. 22 of 41 games had point differentials greater than 28 pts. Specifically, beating an FCS school by 7 (or less) is not something that is common (6) and in fact is more than three times LESS common than beating an FCS school by 4 TD's (blowing them out).

44cuse

Decent CAA Schools are basically weak 1As RI might win a game in the BE if they were in the league...a veteran team

Let's remember that it was also Rhode Island's first game of the season, so they were fresh.

Decent CAA Schools are basically weak 1As RI might win a game in the BE if they were in the league...a veteran team
The context in the chat room was less about Rhode Island and more about a statement that was made involving the FCS schools not really getting blown out anymore (ie: the gap closing).

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom