Feeling Better About Recruiting? | Syracusefan.com

Feeling Better About Recruiting?

Ozcuse

All American
So in the last week we have on board:

A 3 Star Rated TE/FB out of a hot recruiting area. Also a legacy which is great.

A 3 Star Rated WR transfer from SEC school Arkansas. 6'5 205 lb. playmaker at a position of need.

A Not Rated DT with these measurements. Ht:6'5"; Wt:335 lbs; 40:4.9 secs; Bench Max:350

Hell yeah. Not sure where he ends up star-wise but based on measurables alone I would have to say a 3 star. Do they rate JC guys?

I know I am feeling better about recruiting. Just hope the coach gets enough time to see these guys live up to their potential.

I thought Funderburke was a four-star recruit.

Since he is clearly accumulating more and more talent - and clearly developing the program - I have little doubt that Marrone will be around for a long time.

I thought Funderburke was a four-star recruit.

Since he is clearly accumulating more and more talent - and clearly developing the program - I have little doubt that Marrone will be around for a long time.

I looked at Rivals. He may be higher rated by one of the other sites. According to Rivals he was the 48th highest rated WR in the 2011 class.

I looked at Rivals. He may be higher rated by one of the other sites. According to Rivals he was the 48th highest rated WR in the 2011 class.

Scout has him as a four-star for Arkansas.

FWIW Scout and ESPN had him as a 4 star recruit. As Meatloaf said, "2 out of 3 ain't bad". Yeah I quoted meatloaf lol. Also Wayne Williams had a Texas A&M offer according to Rivals and was being recruited by some heavies so may pick up some more offers as things progress. My guess is he ends up at 3-4 stars when rated by the services.

If you watch Wayne Williams you'll see that he's more than just a load of a kid, but he's rather nimble and quick on his feet. He's going to be a good one.

We all think about him not meeting expectations and possibly getting canned but if Marrone exceeds expectations he may feel the itch to move on to another school or back to the NFL. I know he said it's his "dream job" but when I used to go on interviews every job I sought was my dream job too. All I ask of any coach is to leave the program in better shape than when they received it.

Been extremely upbeat since the Brandon Reddish commit and then Alvin Cornelius. Talented, dedicated, addicted to football, NYC.

Also very enthused about adding highly thought of talent like West, Mungwa, and now Funderburk, all guys who didn't originally commit to us.

Sure am but they have to keep it going and not fizzle out.

Funderburke had five-star offers out of high school.

If you watch Wayne Williams you'll see that he's more than just a load of a kid, but he's rather nimble and quick on his feet. He's going to be a good one.

If his 40 time is accurate that is amazing for a 330+ kid. I would have nightmares seeing him run through the guard and accelerating towards me as an opposing QB.

Velocity x Mass = Momentum. 4.9 speed x 335 lbs = PAIN

We all think about him not meeting expectations and possibly getting canned but if Marrone exceeds expectations he may feel the itch to move on to another school or back to the NFL. I know he said it's his "dream job" but when I used to go on interviews every job I sought was my dream job too. All I ask of any coach is to leave the program in better shape than when they received it.

Any coach who willingly leaves their BCS-level alma mater for another school is a douche under most (nearly all) circumstances.

I don't think Marrone is going anywhere unless the Jets or Giants come calling.. stranger things have happened I guess. Look at Shady and Marrone would have to have a nice 2-3 years stretch

I'd bet my balls that this is his dream job and that, if successful, he retires as the 'Cuse football coach.

He was not blowing smoke up the Good Doctor's ass when interviewing - this is THE job he worked towards from the moment he left campus upon graduation.

I'd bet my balls that this is his dream job and that, if successful, he retires as the 'Cuse football coach.

He was not blowing smoke up the Good Doctor's ass when interviewing - this is THE job he worked towards from the moment he left campus upon graduation.

Agreed. And if you look at a douche like Schady he never went to Rutgers he was only from New Jersey. Marrone is not only an SU grad but he's a New Yorker.

The bigger douche and better comparison is Rich Rodriguez. WVU alum who left...then again he was not a native. New Yorkers are a different breed, proud of their roots.

So in the last week we have on board:

A 3 Star Rated TE/FB out of a hot recruiting area. Also a legacy which is great.

A 3 Star Rated WR transfer from SEC school Arkansas. 6'5 205 lb. playmaker at a position of need.

A Not Rated DT with these measurements. Ht:6'5"; Wt:335 lbs; 40:4.9 secs; Bench Max:350

Hell yeah. Not sure where he ends up star-wise but based on measurables alone I would have to say a 3 star. Do they rate JC guys?

I know I am feeling better about recruiting. Just hope the coach gets enough time to see these guys live up to their potential.

Solid start to this cycle. Nothing against the kid, but it certaintly is a step up from Barrett.

The only jobs I saw him leaving us for before the ACC move were Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Georgia, Jets, Giants, Saints.

After the ACC move I could only see him going to Jets, Giants, or Saints. Who knows though, money talks and bull walks.

It's funny to see how a few recruits committing changes your whole perspective, eh? A few weeks ago it was doom and gloom and now I'm worried about where Marrone may go if the team catches fire the next year or two.

It's funny to see how a few recruits committing changes your whole perspective, eh? A few weeks ago it was doom and gloom and now I'm worried about where Marrone may go if the team catches fire the next year or two.

well lets be honest, it was doom and gloom with only a couple of our resident negative chicken littles.

Completely agree. His high school film showed a guy with impressive mobility for his size. Williams looks like an SEC-type of D-lineman with that size / speed.

Sure am but they have to keep it going and not fizzle out.

Funderburke had five-star offers out of high school.

Bama, USC, Florida, Arkansas, State Penn, and Clemson offers among others.

Agreed. And if you look at a douche like Schady he never went to Rutgers he was only from New Jersey. Marrone is not only an SU grad but he's a New Yorker.

The bigger douche and better comparison is Rich Rodriguez. WVU alum who left...then again he was not a native. New Yorkers are a different breed, proud of their roots.

I haven't lived in New York since 1984, but I still consider myself a New Yorker with a dual citizenship in Texas. Sorry, Ohio (came between New York and Texas), you just didn't have enough to offer.

I'm glad to see that we've picked up some guys that look pretty good. I'm also hesitant to say this changes anything at this point in terms of Marrone's job security, which some are adamant isn't in question while others are sure is in question.

I mean, I want it all. I want a good recruiting class, a bowl eligible season, and I want to see more out of the offense.

I'm glad to see that we've picked up some guys that look pretty good. I'm also hesitant to say this changes anything at this point in terms of Marrone's job security, which some are adamant isn't in question while others are sure is in question.

I mean, I want it all. I want a good recruiting class, a bowl eligible season, and I want to see more out of the offense.

You won't until the quality of play at OL improves.

the good thing about this is you won't see a bowl eligible season unless the offense improves, so if you get the first two you're going to get the third by default. For the record I want to see all three of those as well - and think it's all dependent on the offense.