FF teams and recruiting. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

FF teams and recruiting.

With the portal and NIL, I have wondered why teams spend so much effort recruiting.

That is recruiting and coaches are having to do more of it than ever before, thus the retirements of the old men.

Did you see the K-State coach go into the FAU locker room after they beat K-State? Everyone was fawning over what a classy move it was. All I could think was that in reality it was a recruiting trip.
Is it a classy move anyway? Or is it a passive-aggressive move to insert himself into the storyline? Does he visit the locker room of every team that beats his during the year?

Is it a classy move anyway? Or is it a passive-aggressive move to insert himself into the storyline? Does he visit the locker room of every team that beats his during the year?
It is a special moment, and probably a one time thing. Not everything is self serving

I never mentioned FAU or Princeton.

The McD players are more likely to be at big name programs. Big name programs are more likely to have underclassmen. The mid tier programs are more likely to have upperclassmen. That IMO helps with the talent gap.

There are 0.0 McDs in the F4, but there are EIGHT 5th year guys.

BTW San Diego State has by class players averaging over 10 MPG...

5 - 5th year guys
2 - 4th year guys
2 - 3rd year guys
0 - 1st or 2nd year guys

Of their entire rotation 78% is 4th or 5th year players.

It is a special moment, and probably a one time thing. Not everything is self serving
Maybe not. But, what prompts an opposing coach to go into the locker room to congratulate them when there is a postgame handshake line and a press conference where he can do that. There are other avenues to do that than interrupt their celebration to convey his message. There had to be something in his head that told him it was important that they hear it directly from him.
It just strikes me as a self-important maneuver even if he didn't consciously think of it that way.

The Final Four consists of a 4 seed, two 5 seeds and a 9 seed. UConn comes closest to being a blue blood. (Gage...). There are a lot of good players on these teams. A few may be able use this as a audition for the NBA, but are there any 1-n-dones? 5 star freshman recruits? Even 4 star freshman who over proformed? I guess my point is that we want SU to get 5* recruits or top 50 recruits but did these teams show that it's not imperative to do so. What does a review of SU recruits show? Benny has under performed. Judah more or less what was expected but what about the others? Yes higher ranking is only an indication of what can be expected and maybe increases the probability but it isn't a guarantee. And no I am not suggesting only pursuing 3* recruits just opening a discussion.
If u look or pay attention to the rosters each school has about 6 transfers each of which a majority of them are 4th year or 5th year guys or kids with starting mins at there previous school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom