FH: Final Round 2014 ACC Championship SU 0 vs 2 WF 11/9/14 1:00 ESPN3 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

FH: Final Round 2014 ACC Championship SU 0 vs 2 WF 11/9/14 1:00 ESPN3

Two 2-goal losses to Wake this year. Let's hope the don't have to face them in the tournament. :(

Not a good day for them plus the going two ladies down in the second half..one for 10 minutes didn't help.

Syracuse Athletics‏@Cuse 24m24 minutes ago
Magic runs out in the #ACCFH final for @CuseFH, suffers 2-0 setback to Wake Forest. http://bit.ly/1zESPRg

rp_primary_Wake.jpg

Syracuse (15-5)
Wake Forest (14-6)
Score By Periods
Team1 2 Total
Syracuse0 0 0
Wake Forest2 0 2
Game Recap: Field Hockey | 11/9/2014 3:31:00 PM
Syracuse Loses Final to Wake Forest, 2-0
Magic runs out in the ACC Championship final
DURHAM, N.C. – The magical run for the No. 6 Syracuse University field hockey team ended on Sunday afternoon with a 2-0 setback to No. 11 Wake Forest in the 2014 Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Championship final at Jack Katz Stadium on the campus of Duke University.

"It was a great weekend for play," head coach Ange Bradley said. "I think it's an amazing learning experience. Playing in the ACC Tournament does nothing but prepare a team for a Final Four, it's like a Final Four experience. Unfortunately, we did not get the result we wanted. I want to congratulate Wake Forest on the win and being the ACC champion. We had a great time down here at Duke and are looking forward to awaiting a bid to the NCAA Tournament."

The first sixth seed to ever advance to the ACC Championship final, Syracuse (15-5) avenged two of its regular season losses en route to the tournament final, including a stunning 3-2 overtime victory against No. 1 North Carolina. Syracuse fell short in the final and Wake Forest (14-6) earned its first ACC crown since 2006.

"Today, Wake Forest played a very aggressive game and they did a really good job in managing us," added Bradley. "We didn't do a good job of taking care of the things we knew we had to take care of to match up against Wake Forest. We learn from that, move on, and be better."

Wake Forest got on the board on its first two shots of the contest. Redshirt senior midfielder Christine Conroe struck first in the 15th minute. Four minutes later, graduate student midfielder Georgia Holland finished off a penalty corner to push the Demon Deacons ahead, 2-0.

Freshman midfielder Laura Hurff had the best opportunity of the first half for the Orange. 22 minutes into the game, Hurff collected a pass inside the circle and put a shot on net. Wake Forest junior goalkeeper Valerie Dahmen made a diving stop to keep Syracuse off the board.

The Orange had multiple challenges in the latter 35 minutes of action, but could not convert. Three Syracuse shots made it on net in the final five minutes of play, but Holland turned away each shot to secure the win for the Demon Deacons.

The Syracuse University field hockey team awaits its postseason fate as it looks to earn an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament. The NCAA Tournament Selection Show will air at 10 p.m. on NCAA.com. Syracuse will be en route home from the ACC Championship at the airing of the broadcast and will find out its seeding upon arrival.

They beat BC and UNC, but lose to Wake? Still, I didn't even think they would make it to the championship game since UNC is probably the best ACC team this year. Final Four is doable this year, but if we have to face UNC and then home team Maryland once there, I don't see us winning it all this year.

Cheers,
Neil

They beat BC and UNC, but lose to Wake? Still, I didn't even think they would make it to the championship game since UNC is probably the best ACC team this year. Final Four is doable this year, but if we have to face UNC and then home team Maryland once there, I don't see us winning it all this year.

Cheers,
Neil
They split with BC and UNC. It's Wake (0-2) I don't want to see again. ;)