Fiammetta's star is really rising in Dallas | Syracusefan.com

Fiammetta's star is really rising in Dallas

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Can't remember ever seeing a guy get traded and getting so much ink for his blocking. At Carolina there was nary a mention of him. It's great to see Tony blossom like this after being given up for dead by the Panthers back in September.

Five-star: It's all about the fullback

Can't remember ever seeing a guy get traded and getting so much ink for his blocking. At Carolina there was nary a mention of him. It's great to see Tony blossom like this after being given up for dead by the Panthersback in September.

Five-star: It's all about the fullback

To be fair, Tony was hurt for most of camp. Add the fact that it was a completely new staff with an offense that doesn't emphasize the FB, it wasn't the right fit. Glad to see he's doing well in a system that's right for him.

I heard them talk about his blocking when he was with Carolina. Definitely a way-way-way under the radar guy for most fans, though.

Thought I heard one of the Dallas coaches say he was the best pure NFL FB since Moose

Thought I heard one of the Dallas coaches say he was the best pure NFL FB since Moose

There have been a lot of Fiammetta/Johnston references but the one I think you are referring to is the first that follows

Daryl%20Johnston,%20Diana%20Johnston,%20Gene%20Jones,%20Jerry%20Jones.JPG

It was Jerry Jones who said

“(Fiammetta) is the best blocking fullback we've had since Daryl Johnston,” Jerry Jones told Dallas' KRLD-FM. “That goes a long way.”

Todd Archer @ ESPN's Cowboy report wrote: Tony Fiammetta has become something of a present-day mix of Walt Garrison, Ron Springs, Robert Newhouse and Daryl Johnston in his three-game absence due to an illness.

Tom Ryle of Bleacher Report wrote: If he continues to play like he has so far, he will likely be considered the best Cowboys fullback since the Moose himself, Daryl Johnston.

150_793814-0.jpg

Shawn S. Lealos a Yahoo contributor wrote This piece on Daryl & tied in Fiammetta

Tony Fiammetta made Demarco Murray an All-Pro... Without him, he fizzled!

Every RB needs them some Fiametta

Go Cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom