Field Conditions..... | Syracusefan.com

Field Conditions.....

corpjet

Board Prophet
def did not help today and cost us the Wake win last year with the storms......I ,love our offense and its def made for the dome...how many teams will "slow down" their grass when we come to town...

I know Miami had a lot of rain prior but man that field was junk...

After touring Lambeau this season and learning about how they maintain their grass field in the "frozen tundra" If they can keep theirs why can't sunny Miami have a better field

their is a lot to be desired from a lot of opponents stadiums...

There's a great thread about this on Canes Insight. The field is a disgrace and the Dolphins/Hurricanes should be ashamed they play on something like that. No excuse to not have turf given the weather in Miami.

I thought the field conditions may have thrown off the timing between Dungey and the WRs on multiple passes. It may have also contributed to one or two of the INTs too.

Bizarre to have such a beautiful pro stadium with a mess of a field and not have solved that problem long ago.

I just want to make sure I understand. the field conditions affected only our WR's and not the miami DB's? also, it didn't affect the Miami wr's similarly?

It did. There were a few plays in which they stumbled or fell early and dropped passes as a result.

I'm surprised they stick with a grass surface, given that two teams share it. Anytime new sod is laid down that close to game day, you know it's going to be sketchy.

I just want to make sure I understand. the field conditions affected only our WR's and not the miami DB's? also, it didn't affect the Miami wr's similarly?
Talking about timing between receivers and QB. Has nothing to do with Coverage. Personally not sure how much of a difference it made.

I thought the field conditions may have thrown off the timing between Dungey and the WRs on multiple passes. It may have also contributed to one or two of the INTs too.

Bizarre to have such a beautiful pro stadium with a mess of a field and not have solved that problem long ago.

Wow, the field conditions contributing to the ints? No, and that stadium super should be ashamed. South florida is a standing greenhouse for growimg perfect grass. Brutal. Looked like Heinz field in late November.

They play in friggin Florida and the storied Miami Hurricanes and the NFL Miami Dolphins play there and the field is the quality of an upstate NY class D High school field that’s shared with the Modified and Pop Warner teams in November. Ridiculous and embarrassing for them.

Wow, the field conditions contributing to the ints? No, and that stadium super should be ashamed. South florida is a standing greenhouse for growimg perfect grass. Brutal. Looked like Heinz field in late November.
It's not that they can't grow grass. It's that they get swamped and have too many cleats tearing up the turf. The field doesn't have enough time to recover between games, especially if it's too wet.

...Yeah i'm not going to complain about a field where both teams had to deal with it. Same with Wake last year. We lost both games and could have lost both games in perfect conditions.

You can't compare Wakes offense and style of play to ours. An offense that pounds the ball will not be as adversely effected like an air attack, spread offense that relies on a fast pace and the ability top throw the ball

Field hurt both teams for sure, it was just terrible. Dungey not taking the little crumbs to start the game and trying to force the big plays where the issue for most of his INTs.

Don't know where people get the idea that it's easy to grow grass in Florida. There's a reason Marlins Park and all these football field look terrible.

Field hurt both teams for sure, it was just terrible. Dungey not taking the little crumbs to start the game and trying to force the big plays where the issue for most of his INTs.

No doubt! The analyst (Hoard) pointed out on one of the pics about Dungey's poor decision making. ED had a wide open Ish underneath which would've been a huge 20 yard type gainer. Instead, he lofted it up for grabs along the sidelines where Irv had no chance as he was covered by two Miami defenders.

Don't know where people get the idea that it's easy to grow grass in Florida. There's a reason Marlins Park and all these football field look terrible.

It's not that difficult. Bermuda thrives in the heat as does Zoysia. There's St. Augustine as well but it's not as nice. The problem is with the absorbent amount of heavy rainfall while simultaneously fields being played and trampled on is the major culprit.

0a0bff76b74ab9ea34eb010d9ba39190d8d8333ecc1c1b1e7a32294d1ae75ebc.jpg

Anybody watching the Jets - Dolphins game?
Curious about the state of the field?

people who were there could tell the effect it had on us was way more than what it did to Miami.. The routes we run are much more decision based and far less planed than what Miami does.. Their guys go where the play says. our guys make the decisions much later on some plays.. Phillips probably had 5 pass plays fall incomplete because he fell coming out of the turn wide open. at home 12 probably complete at least 10 more passes just by staying on our feet. double moves are hard to run when you slip, Miami has more speed at wr so slipping on the break just added to it.

Even our running game we slipped so many times , babers even mentioned it in the PC. not much you can do about it but play thru it.

Watching both our game and the Jet game today, its criminal how bad that field is, someone is going to suffer a career ending injury on that field if they don't do something about it.