Filling the "no sports" void | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Filling the "no sports" void

well...I’ve done it the same way as D3. I learned a bit about recruiting so I will see if that pans out. Kentucky State is available and good if you want to join ASAP

Ahh I might have been thinking of something else. I didn't have much luck recruiting the big studs at Hobart. Tried to find under the radar guys with big upside. Seemed to work out alright. I was interested in seeing if that changed after a playoff season, but think D2 is the way to go since everyone is. What conference are you in, I'm having trouble finding you.

JK- I might take Shaw

Ahh I might have been thinking of something else. I didn't have much luck recruiting the big studs at Hobart. Tried to find under the radar guys with big upside. Seemed to work out alright. I was interested in seeing if that changed after a playoff season, but think D2 is the way to go since everyone is. What conference are you in, I'm having trouble finding you.

JK- I might take Shaw

SIAC Morehouse. I’ve changed teams every season. My loyalty score is an F lol

JK- I might take Shaw
Welcome to D2!

SIAC Morehouse. I’ve changed teams every season. My loyalty score is an F lol

Maaan I'm struggling with leaving Hobart. Heading into the senior year of my first recruiting class, I kinda wish I had rode it out. I also wanted to see how recruiting would change after a playoff year. Hopefully have learned from my poor recruiting choices though. Not with who I signed, but the numbers at each position I took each year. Hobart will have some gaps at some key positions after this season. **

Like Hobart, I think Shaw is going to take a couple years to get going. They won 10 games last season, but lost some key guys and have a rough non conference schedule.

**I've never seen this before, but when I became the coach of Shaw, I noticed a note had been saved in the "reminders" section on the right side of the screen. Idk who left it, as it's been a while since Shaw has had a coach for multiple years. Figured I'd share.
Recruiting:
4 QB's 1 ea. yr
4 RB's 1 ea. yr
4 WR's 1 ea. yr
4 TE's 1 ea. yr
8 OL's 2 ea. yr
8 DL's 2 ea. yr
6 LB's 1or2 ea. yr
8 DB's 2 ea. yr
2 K'ers 1 every other yr
2 P'trs 1 every other yr
Positions most under target # first.

Not sure if I agree with 4 TEs and only 4 WRs. I've always went with 1 K and 1 P, recruiting a new one when the current one graduates. Think I'll stick with 3qbs too.. Idk. Thoughts on any of this?

Maaan I'm struggling with leaving Hobart. Heading into the senior year of my first recruiting class, I kinda wish I had rode it out. I also wanted to see how recruiting would change after a playoff year. Hopefully have learned from my poor recruiting choices though. Not with who I signed, but the numbers at each position I took each year. Hobart will have some gaps at some key positions after this season. **

Like Hobart, I think Shaw is going to take a couple years to get going. They won 10 games last season, but lost some key guys and have a rough non conference schedule.

**I've never seen this before, but when I became the coach of Shaw, I noticed a note had been saved in the "reminders" section on the right side of the screen. Idk who left it, as it's been a while since Shaw has had a coach for multiple years. Figured I'd share.
Recruiting:
4 QB's 1 ea. yr
4 RB's 1 ea. yr
4 WR's 1 ea. yr
4 TE's 1 ea. yr
8 OL's 2 ea. yr
8 DL's 2 ea. yr
6 LB's 1or2 ea. yr
8 DB's 2 ea. yr
2 K'ers 1 every other yr
2 P'trs 1 every other yr

Not sure if I agree with 4 TEs and only 4 WRs. I've always went with 1 K and 1 P, recruiting a new one when the current one graduates. Think I'll stick with 3qbs too.. Idk. Thoughts on any of this?
I go with what I need. Multiple K/P are a waste. IMO

Recruiting:
4 QB's 1 ea. yr
4 RB's 1 ea. yr
4 WR's 1 ea. yr
4 TE's 1 ea. yr
8 OL's 2 ea. yr
8 DL's 2 ea. yr
6 LB's 1or2 ea. yr
8 DB's 2 ea. yr
2 K'ers 1 every other yr
2 P'trs 1 every other yr

I would think this is light on WR, too many TE, K, P. I might even go an extra OL

Had 14 slots to fill on a team that has 18 seniors this year. It's crazy. 18 Seniors, 12 Juniors and 6 Sophmores. We're going to be very young the next few years but if we can nail down some strategic recruiting classes, I think we'll get there.

Was a little worried when recruting started. My first season in D2, I wasn't sure what the differences were going to be. I had $84k to work with, which was far more than I ever had at Hobart. Ending up spending all but 3k.
Average rating for my 14 recruits is a 514 with a range of 570 - 441. All but 3 players have "High" potential.

Heading into a tough schedule. 3/5 of my Non conference opponents are ranked top 10. Hoping for at least 5 wins this year.

How did everyone else make out?

My team was 100% sophomores last year, so all JR this year. I’m going to have to release non-starters in their senior season so I can start building again...

\filled my last scholly this afternoon...was getting way low on $ and worried I was going to run out. Definitely a little different recruiting at D2.

Only 8 seniors on this year's team - so can focus on building the younger guys up.

Well this has been a season... 7 games in and we're sitting at a strong 2-5(1-1)

In total, through my first 7 games we've been 145 point underdogs. (+19.5, +30.5, +23.5, +16.5, +29.5, +26.5, +15.5, +10.5) lol 5 of my first 7 were top 25, still have #14 to go in a few days.

Happy with the growth I'm seeing from my freshmen, but it's going to take a few classes to get us where we need to be. Checking in on Hobart, I see they're 7-0, pretty poor SoS tho. I need to ensure I don't go "too easy" with Shaw, (noone should go full rutgers). W's are important, but getting into the playoffs is what really helps with recruiting.

How's everyone else doin?

Taking advantage of a fairly light schedule so far and off to a good start. Looking good to make the conf title game, and if I can stay in the top should make the playoffs.

I’m 7-0 and #9 in D2, but that is because I took over a team with all Jrs. This off season I’m dumping all my non-starters for incoming freshman...

I’m 7-0 and #9 in D2, but that is because I took over a team with all Jrs. This off season I’m dumping all my non-starters for incoming freshman...

Do you know if there's any consequences with that? I know you didn't recruit them, so maybe it wont hit your "loyalty" score or whatever. Tricky

Finally won a DII conference championship, with a W over JKinPhilly. I thought for sure you were coming back in the 2nd half. Getting blown out of the water in the first round of the playoffs though.

Torn on my next move. I'm losing some good seniors, but minus the QB position, I have a nasty bunch of juniors ready to carry the weight their senior year. My QB situation is like going from ED straight to Rex.

Considering moving up a division, wondering if I can go right to D1.
What are you thinking, JKinPhilly?
USMCSnyper - you still around?

I am! I'm at Minnesota State now. I'm getting blown out by Tarleton St in the playoffs in D2 (31-7 @ half). Went 12-2 with both losses to Humboldt St. I enjoy playing, but the top 8-10 teams never change. I had a team of all seniors @ Morehouse and lost in the Semis. Long Island, Northern Michigan etc...Its always one of them who wins it all. Would be nice to see an upset once in a while...

Still licking my wounds from the conference championship beatdown, down 13-6 at the half in my playoff game. Offense is sputtering to say the least - where have I seen that before?

I don't think we can go right to D-1, but maybe. I could go either way - continue to try and build where I am or move up. I agree it seems to be the same handful of teams dominating every season.

Still licking my wounds from the conference championship beatdown, down 13-6 at the half in my playoff game. Offense is sputtering to say the least - where have I seen that before?

I don't think we can go right to D-1, but maybe. I could go either way - continue to try and build where I am or move up. I agree it seems to be the same handful of teams dominating every season.

Yea, I'm down for whatever as well

I cant move up until I increase my loyalty...I moved almost every year, so... F lol

I may be able to join again after the new year. It will take me a few years at the D3 level but we will get there!

I think I'm staying put at Fayetteville St. another season, going to be too busy with holiday stuff the next couple weeks to start over. Maybe move up after next season.

I think I'm staying put at Fayetteville St. another season, going to be too busy with holiday stuff the next couple weeks to start over. Maybe move up after next season.
I’m thinking the same thing

Anyone still playing this? I got an email from them about another season starting in the Hayes server and I think I’m gonna play a couple seasons in D3 before looking to move up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom