Final 4:25 | Syracusefan.com

Final 4:25

It did cross my mind to throw Sid back in there, tough to pull Marek or Q tho

i dont think we got a stop the last 30 minutes against duke. or the last 6 minutes against nc state. or the last 5 minutes today. so much for that “vaunted syracuse 2-3 zone”

It did cross my mind to throw Sid back in there, tough to pull Marek or Q tho
I was thinking the same. Sidbie played well but who do you take out?

This team doesn't guard the 3 pt line at all. All year. Up 3 with 2 minutes. Giving up the open 3 and then fouling for a 4 pt play turned the game. If you want to beat a top 10 team on their court you have to make all the plays at the end and we didn't. Hughes missing free throws (3 more points) didn't help either.

i dont think we got a stop the last 30 minutes against duke. or the last 6 minutes against nc state. or the last 5 minutes today. so much for that “vaunted syracuse 2-3 zone”
...but it looks like we are getting better! 30 min to 6 min to 5 min!

This team doesn't guard the 3 pt line at all. All year. Up 3 with 2 minutes. Giving up the open 3 and then fouling for a 4 pt play turned the game. If you want to beat a top 10 team on their court you have to make all the plays at the end and we didn't. Hughes missing free throws (3 more points) didn't help either.

its infuriating. DEFEND THE 3!!!! especially down the stretch. im so sick of giving up dagger 3s. down 1 against nc state with a couple minutes left, we give up back to back 3s, down 7 game over. give up a wide open foul line jumper, you can overcome that, you cant overcome dagger 3s. i cant believe jb doesnt adjust the zone to prevent that.

The scoreboard does. We are gassed the last few minutes of each half. Not a complex concept.
I’m not sure I understand. Our best 5 outscored their best 5 by 24.

its infuriating. DEFEND THE 3!!!! especially down the stretch. im so sick of giving up dagger 3s. down 1 against nc state with a couple minutes left, we give up back to back 3s, down 7 game over. give up a wide open foul line jumper, you can overcome that, you cant overcome dagger 3s. i cant believe jb doesnt adjust the zone to prevent that.
Well, the real reason we lost was not defending anything down the stretch. They went inside over the final minute and we just let them. I think they had 3 easy baskets in the paint in the last 1:30. And we failed on two straight drives in that stretch.
Let's not forget that the only contribution from Buddy today was two held balls early in the game.

Why do we bother giving out 13 scholarships when only 7 play? And it's been that way most years.
Check the math. We only have 12 this year (one to a walk on). Ajak is redshirting. Carey and Braswell are injured. Which leaves a bench of Guerrier, Goodine, Washington, and Edwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom