Final Bowl Ratings | Syracusefan.com

Final Bowl Ratings

So it looks like Buttgers and their 18 million households didn't move the needle?

Not surprised at all. We own NYC. We crushed rutgirls number for the Pinstripe last year. Surprised they weren't even further down this year. Nobody wants to watch that crap.

So it looks like Buttgers and their 18 million households didn't move the needle?

very interesting to see the 3 years of the pinstripe as well.

it proves beyond a reasonable doubt that syracuse pushes the needle more than rutgers.

I have to imagine that kstate brings among the lowest tv sets of any team in college.

What this tells me...is the Pinstripe Bowl has a rosy future.

I see it receiving the slot preceeding the Alamo Bowl most years. CommonSense points to an ACC vs B1G matchup in 2014. The B12 would be backup choice. The SunBeast would be the worst possible outcome vs the ACC.

The Bowl will succeed due to the deep pockets of the Yankees, NYC as a destination for the Holidays and the uniqueness of playing in Yankee Stadium. I had several coworkers told me they loved watching the game in the snow.

I see it receiving the slot preceeding the Alamo Bowl most years. CommonSense points to an ACC vs B1G matchup in 2014. The B12 would be backup choice. The SunBeast would be the worst possible outcome vs the ACC.

The Bowl will succeed due to the deep pockets of the Yankees, NYC as a destination for the Holidays and the uniqueness of playing in Yankee Stadium. I had several coworkers told me they loved watching the game in the snow.
I hope you are right Mark. I had a blast at that game! The atmosphere, the elements etc,,,,,, made it very enjoyable. Plus, it is an easy trip. Just a great experience all around.

Well, Rutgers played on a Friday last year IIRC.
SU benefited from the Saturday placement

I have no doubt the Pinstripe will become ACC vs B10. IMO, UConn ends up in the ACC and then most years, the Pinstripe has a shot at 1 of SU, UConn and rutgirls and in some years they may get rutgirls vs either SU or UConn. I don't see the Pinstripe as being very successful without 1 of the 3. Iowa vs Duke isn't gonna draw much interest. SU vs rutgirls will have a big draw as long as it isn't every year. Peronally, having done the Pinstripe both times, just for the teams sake, I hope they don't appear there much. They deserve warmer climates and sunshine. Maybe once every 4-5 years would be fine.

I hope you are right Mark. I had a blast at that game! The atmosphere, the elements etc,,,,,, made it very enjoyable. Plus, it is an easy trip. Just a great experience all around.

I heard you were one of the people that watched rutgirls and raised their ratings.

I have no doubt the Pinstripe will become ACC vs B10. IMO, UConn ends up in the ACC and then most years, the Pinstripe has a shot at 1 of SU, UConn and rutgirls and in some years they may get rutgirls vs either SU or UConn. I don't see the Pinstripe as being very successful without 1 of the 3. Iowa vs Duke isn't gonna draw much interest. SU vs rutgirls will have a big draw as long as it isn't every year. Peronally, having done the Pinstripe both times, just for the teams sake, I hope they don't appear there much. They deserve warmer climates and sunshine. Maybe once every 4-5 years would be fine.
I think you forgot about Penn State...that would be a home run for the bowl...also, tOSU, UM, MSU, Wisky, Neb all would send decent to excellent crowds. On the ACC side...UVA, UNC, VTech, etc...do have some travel ability and a decent amount of alumni in the Tri-State. Even BC should send about 10k fans.

I watch bowls on a Friday nite. A crap game like Minny and Texas Tech was a Friday this year in the Texas Bowl and they were 33% higher than rutgirls Friday game last year. Not sure it makes a huge differnce.

I think you forgot about Penn State...that would be a home run for the bowl...also, tOSU, UM, MSU, Wisky, Neb all would send decent to excellent crowds. On the ACC side...UVA, UNC, VTech, etc...do have some travel ability and a decent amount of alumni in the Tri-State. Even BC should send about 10k fans.

I forgot about Pedst. The others...I'm not too sure if an OSU is in the Pinstripe their fans would be real excited. It would be something like the B10 #7.

I watch bowls on a Friday nite. A crap game like Minny and Texas Tech was a Friday this year in the Texas Bowl and they were 33% higher than rutgirls Friday game last year. Not sure it makes a huge differnce.
I think it was a day game (maybe mid afternoon?) like SU's was the previous year on a Friday.
I hate Rutgers but just saying.

We played the inaugural Pinstripe bowl on a weekday afternoon game, and we performed equivalent. Most people were not aware of the bowl game and many were working, yet Rutger did worse than us the following year.

I agree with others that the Pinstripe gets the B1G and ACC together, probably increases payout a bit and becomes a significant non-playoff bowl.

I heard you were one of the people that watched rutgirls and raised their ratings.
LOL. You are correct sir! I believe you and your family members did a lot more to raise the ratings than i did! Great game BTW!

Syracuse/WVU is just a sexier matchup than Rutgers/Iowa St. I cannot imagine there are a lot of Cyclones fans out there...

Syracuse/WVU is just a sexier matchup than Rutgers/Iowa St. I cannot imagine there are a lot of Cyclones fans out there...

In defense of Iowa fans, there are probably more Iowa fans in NYC than Rutgers fans in NYC and NJ combined.

Glad to see the proof that the Russell Bowl screwed the pooch on their pick.

Granted but the year before Cuse played the game on Thursday afternoon, December 30th. A lot more adults were working that day than the Friday afternoon slot Ruttie got. A day many took off and got half the day off as it fell just prior to New Year's Eve. Cuse still drew more viewers.

Granted but the year before Cuse played the game on Thursday afternoon, December 30th. A lot more adults were working that day than the Friday afternoon slot Ruttie got. A day many took off and got half the day off as it fell just prior to New Year's Eve. Cuse still drew more viewers.

+ big snow storm day (2 days?) before the game