Final Drive - BC | Syracusefan.com

Final Drive - BC

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
I really do believe that the final drive against BC will be looked upon as one of the pivotal drives in SU Football history.

It seems to have changed everything.

While I have little doubt that many of today's signees were committed to the Orange regardless, the BC drive - TD - Win - Bowl Invite - Bowl Win - seemed to change the trajectory of the class.

OrangePA said:
I really do believe that the final drive against BC will be looked upon as one of the pivotal drives in SU Football history. It seems to have changed everything. While I have little doubt that many of today's signees were committed to the Orange regardless, the BC drive - TD - Win - Bowl Invite - Bowl Win - seemed to change the trajectory of the class.

Also could be the moment where THunt started something big for himself. Continued it into the Minny game. Should be fun to see what happens in camp.

I agree. My father-in-law is a big BC guy so I was talking to him before the game. I was really down on SU, wasn't sure of the coaches, especially MacDonald, didn't like that most SU coaches had all of these MAC connections, didn't think much of the recruiting efforts with a seemingly scatter shot approach and to top it all off BC was putting together a really good year. The drive, bowl win, seemingly good recruiting class. I have my orange colored glasses back on.

Sure changed the attitudes of some on this board. Nothing like rivalry wins in November (final drive, even better) and ending the season with a winning bowl game.

Perception these days means a ton. In early November, lots of folks thought BC and Addazio were leaps and bounds ahead of SU in terms of on-field success, and recruiting. That perception has certainly changed as of today.

I really do believe that the final drive against BC will be looked upon as one of the pivotal drives in SU Football history.

While I have little doubt that many of today's signees were committed to the Orange regardless, the BC drive - TD - Win - Bowl Invite - Bowl Win - seemed to change the trajectory of the class.

Good post.

I'll go further...that BC drive to gain bowl eligibility and assure a non losing season, was vital to the trajectory of the program as a whole. We absolutely needed to make a bowl this year to capture on the momentum that Marrone started.

Can't wait for next season. I think we will see a number of true freshmen at the skill positions and on ST.

When you look at the TD pass, Hunt so totally sold the roll out to the right and never looked left until he threw the ball. The BC defenders were hands-on-knees completely fooled.

Yep, it's always been a game of inches.

Lots of moments like that, really.

Think back to 2012... we're 3-4 and down 5 to USF on our own 25 with 1:23 left to play. We were also down 3 to Mizzou on our own 19 with 1:52 remaining. Both imminently loseable games. Lose them both and the season is altered, we probably miss out on a bowl game for a 2nd straight year, and that changes the trajectory of the program (in a bad way, obviously).

Sometimes you just need to take advantage of some good fortune.

It was one of those major possible turning points in the history of the program. No doubt about it.

How big the turning point ends up is yet to be determined. But wow, the recruiting class bodes well for the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom