Final Four this year... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Final Four this year...

gonzaga could lose that 1 seed without losing to another power 5 champion

gonzaga was expected to be really good since they were preseason #8. I could see 1 one seed, 1 two or three seed, 1 four or 5 seed, and 1 lower seed team making it

Watch out for those A10 teams this year. It won't be George Washington this year but it could be Saint Louis, VCU, Butler, La Salle, or Temple.

Well, Penn State won't be there. Wait, I forgot--they knocked off mighty Michigan.

Wazzou is 11-17, Okie State is an impressive win, Butler was an L, St Mary's is 25-5 and hasn't beaten anyone of note, BYU is 20-9 "", Santa Clara is 20-9 "".

Iron sharpens iron, cupcakes don't sharpen anything otherwise Cuse would be flying high right now.

Illinois was thier toughest test, at home, and they lost by 11.

So you think Syracuse runs those teams on the road with only one 1 point loss?

I didn't think Illinois was in top 25? Perhaps they are now in and you are correct.

Not sure especially if youre using Kenpom. They were #13 when they beat Gonzaga and are currently 20-9 and in the "others receiving votes" column. They have wins over Butler, Gonzaga, Ohio State, Indiana, and Minnesota and they've lost to Mizzou, Minnesota, Wisc x 2, UM x 2, Sparty, with 2 What losses to Purdue and NW.

Not sure especially if youre using Kenpom. They were #13 when they beat Gonzaga and are currently 20-9 and in the "others receiving votes" column. They have wins over Butler, Gonzaga, Ohio State, Indiana, and Minnesota and they've lost to Mizzou, Minnesota, Wisc x 2, UM x 2, Sparty, with 2 What losses to Purdue and NW.

They're a dangerous inconsistent team no doubt.

So you think Syracuse runs those teams on the road with only one 1 point loss?

This year? I could see anywhere from 6-0 to 2-4 depending which Cuse team shows up. Wazzou is horrid so I'm not sure why you're including them.

i like gonzaga alot, think theyll be in a close one tonight though

This year? I could see anywhere from 6-0 to 2-4 depending which Cuse team shows up. Wazzou is horrid so I'm not sure why you're including them.

They could be excluded. Will not disagree. Plus I already ave Gonzaga winning,,, before tjey play BYU.

Anyway my point is a fair argument can be made to justify them as a #1 seed beyond just the eye test.

They could be excluded. Will not disagree. Plus I already ave Gonzaga winning,,, before tjey play BYU.

Anyway my point is a fair argument can be made to justify them as a #1 seed beyond just the eye test.

And I would agree with you they deserve a number 1 seed at this point as well and pass the eye test. Not sure who would argue that they don't, I'm just not sure what they'll do with it. For me it's like trying to tell how good a recruit is if he plays in single A because you dont really know the level of competition.

And I would agree with you they deserve a number 1 seed at this point as well and pass the eye test. Not sure who would argue that they don't, I'm just not sure what they'll do with it. For me it's like trying to tell how good a recruit is if he plays in single A because you dont really know the level of competition.

And my point is that Oklahoma St, Butler, St. Mary's (2). BYU (2), Illinois, Oklaoma, Road Santa Clara, Baylor, Kansas St, Davidson and Kansas St should be enough to tell us about a teams ability against quality competition. Is there many teams wit a significantly harder slate of top 4 road contests? Any other top 10 teams play two OOC road contests like Butler and Oklahoma St?

Your treating Gonzaga as a mystery when overall their SOS is #90. Not as strong SOS as other top 10 teams, but not really bad to the point they are a mystery. You need to play a decent sample of quality teams to be #90. They are KenPom #4 against a sample that is not much worse than a power team.

This is not a 23-3 Steve Austin, or 25-4 Middle Tennessee St team with an SOS of 340 and 203. Its not the mystery you are proposing.

If Gonzaga were to play a Big East schedule, how many losses do you think they would have in-conference? I've watched them play, and I would say 3-5. That makes them no better than the rest of us.

And my point is that Oklahoma St, Butler, St. Mary's (2). BYU (2), Illinois, Oklaoma, Road Santa Clara, Baylor, Kansas St, Davidson and Kansas St should be enough to tell us about a teams ability against quality competition. Is there many teams wit a significantly harder slate of top 4 road contests? Any other top 10 teams play two OOC road contests like Butler and Oklahoma St?

Your treating Gonzaga as a mystery when overall their SOS is #90. Not as strong SOS as other top 10 teams, but not really bad to the point they are a mystery. You need to play a decent sample of quality teams to be #90. They are KenPom #4 against a sample that is not much worse than a power team.

This is not a 23-3 Steve Austin, or 25-4 Middle Tennessee St team with an SOS of 340 and 203. Its not the mystery you are proposing.

The only difference is how highly we rate opponents. I rate Okie State, K State, Illinois and Butler, which I missed K State in the intital comparo so thats a good win, so I have em 2-2 in big games. You rate the rest of their opponents higher than I do and really there's no tangible way to tell how good any of them are until March.

Should be a wild march though and appreciate the convo. End game we don't totally disagree you just have Gonzaga as a 9/10 and I have em at an 8/10/

My brackets always suck. One year I believe 4 million people finished higher - and I was trying!!! :) This year could be the height of embarrassment at my computer. I haven't seen anything this wide open either, in all my years of watching. Seeing all these #1's fall has been ugly (because it happened to UofL) but also sort of refreshing - (because it happened to absolutely everybody).

This is a fun year, really. So many "upsets" and crazy ranking disasters. I love it.