FINAL: Wake Forest Tailgate Info | Syracusefan.com

FINAL: Wake Forest Tailgate Info

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
The Fine Mess is joining forces with SU for the Wake Forest Tailgate. The tailgate will have BBQ, 2 sides, 2 drinks. We are hoping to add something extra...but not sure if WFU Catering will allow. Expect to see some SU greats there along with Otto and the Cheer Team. SU swag will be given out. Cost is $30 for adults (BTW your 2 drink tix should be transferable to others), $15 for kids 6-13, 5 and under is free (don't hold me to the ages as I haven't signed up yet). I hope the 150+ folks who bought and saved $20 per ticket with me will join in the official tailgate. Thirty dollars might seem expensive but SU has to rent the spot, rent canopies, chairs, etc...along with contracting with a caterer. Another plus is no cleanup and being next door to the stadium means a short walk to your seats.

Sign Up is here: http://syracuse.imodules.com/s/1632...2&pgid=451&gid=2&cid=1210&ecid=1210&post_id=0

The event will be held inside the baseball stadium which is located directly to the SE of the stadium. There is a cash lot across the street about 1/4 mile away. Disabled Parking is very close by to the Baseball Stadium

Kickoff is TBD: But we expect the tailgate to last a minimum of 2.5 hours. It will be a little longer if we receive a 3:30pm kickoff.

I'll be working a secondary unofficial tailgate across the street for those that want to pre-tailgate and post-game tailgate. Details TBD...however, it will have to be mainly organized by those in NC. It will be nothing more than a couple pop-up canopies and a few coolers. Maybe a grill for some coneys. I'm not taking lead on this so a few of you will have to step up.

Last edited:
Thanks Mark!
Much more reasonable than the SU option at the GA Tech game last year.

Admin please tack!
When you sign up you can keep your name anonymous if you wish.

I'd be willing to help man the setup for a different unofficial tailgate at the other lot. Driving from Raleigh, I don't really have access to bringing a grill in my car though. Would need help from other people to help coordinate though.

I have signed up the wife and I for the tailgate. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

I'd be willing to help man the setup for a different unofficial tailgate at the other lot. Driving from Raleigh, I don't really have access to bringing a grill in my car though. Would need help from other people to help coordinate though.
We can bring tent, chairs etc. I have a company truck available so I can locate a grill somewhere I am sure.

I'm really hoping for a 3:30 kick. That way we have plenty of time to hang out at the unofficial and official tailgates before the game, and head back to unofficial tailgate after our win! Only game I'm making this year (possible bowl game too) so I'm ready to partay!

I'm really hoping for a 3:30 kick. That way we have plenty of time to hang out at the unofficial and official tailgates before the game, and head back to unofficial tailgate after our win! Only game I'm making this year (possible bowl game too) so I'm ready to partay!
IMHO...if we bowl this year it will be either Annapolis or St. Pete.

IMHO...if we bowl this year it will be either Annapolis or St. Pete.

Annapolis would be better for me, but maybe I can catch a ride down with someone to St. Pete. I don't think I'll be able to afford the airfare. We'll see though, depends on the game date. I have a niece and nephew being born in december. I'm gonna be a double godfather!

Awesome...bring it and we'll grill some coneys...at the appropriate time according to K/O time. I'm thinking 12:30 kick right now.
could be 330 though as accrsn game I believe that week might be 330.

edit acc rsn has dh that week 12 and 330 according to mattsarz

Last edited:
Saturday, October 18
TIME (ET)MATCHUPTVLINKS
TBDVirginia @ DukeTickets »
TBDClemson @ Boston CollegeTickets »
TBDSyracuse @ Wake ForestTickets »
TBDGeorgia Tech @ North CarolinaTickets »
TBDNorth Carolina State @ LouisvilleTickets »
TBD#8 Notre Dame @ #1 Florida State

slate of games outside fsu-nd isn't great either

Just pencil in ND@FSU for ABC at 8pm

I see UVA @ Duke getting picked up by ESPN/2/U, maybe Clemson@BC too.

Gtech @ UNC could get 3:30pm ABC regional if UNC wins this week.

The rest will be on the ACC Network or syndicated

I'll be coming to the game from south of Raleigh. No grill but corn hole boards, beer and snacks.

Hey Guys. We need somebody or a couple of somebodies to step up and bring some coneys. The are hard to find in the area but some Wegmans in the DC, Manassas, Fredericksburg area and some Publixs a little south of Charlotte, NC are supposed to have them according to hofmannhotdogs.com. I'm 3/4 hours away from either location and I don't think Mark is going to truck em in from the Cuse, so please, please somebody come through. I'm bring the grill and will cook em if you can bring em! What's a Fine Mess tailgate without a good coney :)

Hey Guys. We need somebody or a couple of somebodies to step up and bring some coneys. The are hard to find in the area but some Wegmans in the DC, Manassas, Fredericksburg area and some Publixs a little south of Charlotte, NC are supposed to have them according to hofmannhotdogs.com.

Try the Harris Teeter in Winston-Salem. Hofmann's hasn't added HT to their "Where To Buy" page yet, but I've personally seen both the hot dogs & coneys in Harris Teeter stores as recently as today.

Try the Harris Teeter in Winston-Salem. Hofmann's hasn't added HT to their "Where To Buy" page yet, but I've personally seen both the hot dogs & coneys in Harris Teeter stores as recently as today.

The Harris Teeter I go to in Durham always seems to have Hoffman's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom