Finally made it back home | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Finally made it back home

After a crazy flight back to Alaska, which included many delays, a few failed landing attempts, a pilot change, and a quick stop in Canada.

It was a blast meeting everyone at the SJU game. Ran into Poc, we were sitting with his group for the game. Thanks again, man. I finally got the chance to meet and hang out with Tee. Dude is just as awesome in real life, as he is on the board. I met Iommi and his awesome wife, great people. hung out with tptgeek for a long while (finally found out that tpt stands for trumpet). Had some drinks with nycfan (you're an animal!), and the whole crew that he was with (sorry that I cant remember everyones board names, drinks were involved, and there was so much going on lol. Ran into Blacknight real quick as well. Walked into the Blarney post game, and was met by VAorange, and BillOrange. Once cto made it to the correct bar, I finally got to meet her, and finally gave her a much overdue hug. Ran into Tomcat as he was leaving. Everyone that we partied with post game was a blast. I didnt want to leave the Blarney, and I'm 90% sure that I was the last cuse fan in the building when we finally left.

Ended up meeting some guys at the blarney who had some extra box seat tickets to the Rangers game, so we headed back into the garden, and man, that was crazy. Turned out to be a heck of a game as well.

EastCoast and his beautiful girlfriend took an hour or so out of their NYC trip to meet up with us later that night.. (After you guys left, we ended up shutting that bar down)

I cant describe how awesome this trip was. Every game that I attended was amazing, 3 out of the 4 were nail biters. Including the Rangers game, I was 4-0 for my trip... (hint hint if you wanna bowl game win, somebody better get cusetroop to texas lol)

I want to thank everyone at the tailgate, who made my family and I feel welcome, it was a blast meeting you all! Everyone at the SJU game, we had a blast, and it was great meeting you guys as well! My wife finally realized why I love this board so much. It really is like a family here.

I know I'm forgetting a bunch of people that I met, and I apologize, but I enjoyed everyone that I spoke with! It really made me wish I lived back on the east coast, and made us realize that the east coast is where we belong. Thinking in 5 years, you might be seeing alot more of the Cusetroop and fam.

So back to real life. Getting ready to leave my current job, during my trip I accepted a job at the University of Alaska, as the Grant Coordinator at the Institute of Arctic Biology. I think it will help set me up in the long run, for when we decide to move back east.

Stay tuned for more info on the adopt a platoon. I came back to the office to a couple emails from them.

Pics or it didn't happen!

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This post makes me wonder why we don't have a photo thread on the board. Most forums I've posted at has one. It's pretty cool to be able to put a face with the people you chat with constantly.

I thought there was one once - although like all picture threads it probably ended up x-rated and got deleted!! :)

After a crazy flight back to Alaska, which included many delays, a few failed landing attempts, a pilot change, and a quick stop in Canada.

It was a blast meeting everyone at the SJU game. Ran into Poc, we were sitting with his group for the game. Thanks again, man. I finally got the chance to meet and hang out with Tee. Dude is just as awesome in real life, as he is on the board. I met Iommi and his awesome wife, great people. hung out with tptgeek for a long while (finally found out that tpt stands for trumpet). Had some drinks with nycfan (you're an animal!), and the whole crew that he was with (sorry that I cant remember everyones board names, drinks were involved, and there was so much going on lol. Ran into Blacknight real quick as well. Walked into the Blarney post game, and was met by VAorange, and BillOrange. Once cto made it to the correct bar, I finally got to meet her, and finally gave her a much overdue hug. Ran into Tomcat as he was leaving. Everyone that we partied with post game was a blast. I didnt want to leave the Blarney, and I'm 90% sure that I was the last cuse fan in the building when we finally left.

Ended up meeting some guys at the blarney who had some extra box seat tickets to the Rangers game, so we headed back into the garden, and man, that was crazy. Turned out to be a heck of a game as well.

EastCoast and his beautiful girlfriend took an hour or so out of their NYC trip to meet up with us later that night.. (After you guys left, we ended up shutting that bar down)

I cant describe how awesome this trip was. Every game that I attended was amazing, 3 out of the 4 were nail biters. Including the Rangers game, I was 4-0 for my trip... (hint hint if you wanna bowl game win, somebody better get cusetroop to texas lol)

I want to thank everyone at the tailgate, who made my family and I feel welcome, it was a blast meeting you all! Everyone at the SJU game, we had a blast, and it was great meeting you guys as well! My wife finally realized why I love this board so much. It really is like a family here.

I know I'm forgetting a bunch of people that I met, and I apologize, but I enjoyed everyone that I spoke with! It really made me wish I lived back on the east coast, and made us realize that the east coast is where we belong. Thinking in 5 years, you might be seeing alot more of the Cusetroop and fam.

So back to real life. Getting ready to leave my current job, during my trip I accepted a job at the University of Alaska, as the Grant Coordinator at the Institute of Arctic Biology. I think it will help set me up in the long run, for when we decide to move back east.

Stay tuned for more info on the adopt a platoon. I came back to the office to a couple emails from them.

Likewise, great meeting you too CuseTroop! Gotta say, you had one helluva day/night--reminds me of the Thursday session of the Big East Tourney when we used to start at Blarney around 10-10:30am, then go to 2 games, then go back to Blarney for 2 hours, then go back to MSG for 2 more games. Oh the good old days... (what am I going to do this year??). By the way those other guys that you referenced that were with me are also from the board--SUMBA, Cuseguy, SUBarney, and HungryChuck. So you possibly may have met a couple of them either before or after. It was also good to meet Tptgeek for the first time as well. (and it's funny you mentioned Tee---I was one of those guys that asked you about him--was sorry I didn't get a chance to meet). But Sunday was truly just a sensational time had by all--great pre-game, fantastic game and win, and then a super post-game. By the way, congrats on the new job--that is awesome!

Last edited:
Hey Cusetroop! I enjoyed your vacation stories immensely. If you ever jump to Seattle, gimme a shout.

Glad to hear you made it back to Alaska since the place was probably falling apart in your absence. To be fair though it sounds a bit like you left home to return to Alaska.

My son was with me (PSU), so it was too short-lived, but there's always tomorrow. Great people on this forum.
Edit: also met IO! The man.

You think yourself and Teejr might hit the Notre Dame game next year? He'll be a year older and the weather shouldn't be as miserable. Figure we can leave earlier and plan a bit better. Still sorry I missed you guys for the most part. Was planning on tracking you down at half time and possibly changing seats but wasn't meant to be.

Likewise, great meeting you too CuseTroop! Gotta say, you had one helluva day/night--reminds me of the Thursday session of the Big East Tourney when we used to start at Blarney around 10-10:30am, then go to 2 games, then go back to Blarney for 2 hours, then go back to MSG for 2 more games. Oh the good old days... (what am I going to do this year??). By the way those other guys that you referenced that were with me are also from the board--SUMBA, Cuseguy, SUBarney, and HungryChuck. So you possibly may have met a couple of them either before or after. It was also good to meet Tptgeek for the first time as well. (and it's funny you mentioned Tee---I was one of those guys that asked you about him--was sorry I didn't get a chance to meet). But Sunday was truly just a sensational time had by all--great pre-game, fantastic game and win, and then a super post-game. By the way, congrats on the new job--that is awesome!
Hope to meet you one day too, nycfan. I'm originally from Queens, and still in the area. Will be back at MSG when we flex our NYC muscle next time around.

You think yourself and Teejr might hit the Notre Dame game next year? He'll be a year older and the weather shouldn't be as miserable. Figure we can leave earlier and plan a bit better. Still sorry I missed you guys for the most part. Was planning on tracking you down at half time and possibly changing seats but wasn't meant to be.
That might be a great plan! Yeah, and that was on me and the boy. I definitely want to chill more next time. Might just be the kind of thing where I leave him home, but we'll play it by ear. Going to hook it up proper next time and hang for longer.

Thinking in 5 years, you might be seeing alot more of the Cusetroop and fam.

This right here is the best part of this post. I'm hoping that when I start getting the chance to attend events more regularly, that you will be able to as well.

This right here is the best part of this post. I'm hoping that when I start getting the chance to attend events more regularly, that you will be able to as well.

Right on, brotha. Its gonna be awesome.

ADORABLE.

ADORABLE.

You want adorable? I got a teddy bear you can shove up your

ASK ME NO MORE QUESTIONS, AND TELL ME NO MORE LIES
THE BOYS ARE IN THE BATHROOM, ZIPPING UP THEIR

FLIES ARE IN THE CITY, THE BEES ARE IN THE PARK
THE BOYS AND GIRLS ARE KISSING IN THE D.. A.. R.. K.. D.. A.. R.. K.. D.. A.. R.. K..
DARK DARK DARK!

No, I'm not female...

You want adorable? I got a teddy bear you can shove up your

ASK ME NO MORE QUESTIONS, AND TELL ME NO MORE LIES
THE BOYS ARE IN THE BATHROOM, ZIPPING UP THEIR

FLIES ARE IN THE CITY, THE BEES ARE IN THE PARK
THE BOYS AND GIRLS ARE KISSING IN THE D.. A.. R.. K.. D.. A.. R.. K.. D.. A.. R.. K..
DARK DARK DARK!

No, I'm not female...
I can't believe you just typed that all out. Flabbergasted.

Yep, now that I hear the board names, I remember meeting all of those guys.

Had a blast man, we will have many beers together when I get back east

Damn.., As someone whose work does not allow internet access, it is great to learn that CuseTroop made it home safe. After a great night of basketball and drinking in NYC, I became surprisingly curious about the plight of our neighbor from Alaska! In all seriousness, it was great to meet you CuseTroop, CTO, CuseMBA, and Cusetroop's wife. A good time was had by all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom