Fine Mess Cuse Bowl Ticket News | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fine Mess Cuse Bowl Ticket News

you're just putting the fact that we are being considered for the russell and the teams desire to get the russell and the fact that, while not near a sure thing, it is certainly greater than a pipe dream behind your own personal desire of going to the pinstripe so you can roll out of bed, hop on a subway and go to the game.
no i operate in reality.

and reality is that the only way Syracuse is being considered for the Russell is if lville or rutgers all of sudden find themselves on probation and cincinati decides to stay home for the holidays.

i feel bad if the kids are being led on into thinking theyre going to florida.

heres hoping they can at least get to north carolina.

if not, i will welcome them with open arms to the Bronx.

after my car service drops me off...:p

Oh Lord

no i operate in reality.

and reality is that the only way Syracuse is being considered for the Russell is if lville or rutgers all of sudden find themselves on probation and cincinati decides to stay home for the holidays.

Oh Lord

Still a lot of smoke, and probably fire, which has me believing you are going to be right, and Pinstripe will be the destination. But I'll have to say that I wouldn't understand the thought process of the Belk folk taking Cincy over us. 9-3 vs 7-5, and your theory that more people watch B list bowl games based on record, is about the only one I can come up with. They'll travel no one, their name means nothing, their offense is floundering since Munchie imploded.

Pitt is very likely going to beat a USF team who's fallen further than anyone, meaning they'll be 6-6. Would Pinstripe look at them since they had us 2 years ago? Or perhaps UConn, who could get to 6-6 with a home win against Cincy? I guess in the UConn over Cincy scenario, then Cincy is 8-4 and Belk would have to take us over them.

Our destination is at the mercy of a bunch of teams I don't care about and hope I never have to hear about again. Fun.

The only way Pitt gets in over us at the Pinstripe is if WVU is the opponent. The downside is we could fall to the Birmingham Bowl.

no i operate in reality.

Oh Lord

i dont think the kids are being led into believing anything. where they want to go and where they do go can easily be different. but i know their preference.

the russell has admitted that we are under consideration. so lets say rutgers wins thrusday. you think they would take a lville team with 3 straight loses inclouding a whooping by us, over a team that while 7-5 has won 5 of 6, is playing the best ball right now and is the best offense in the BE which sells tickets? i think there is a very good chance they take us in that scenario.

Sorry to break into the squabbling between the parents and kids...I just received an update from the SU ticket office.

There will be a special link for Syracusefan/nunesmagician folks. What SU sent me:

We are working on getting everything set up right now. It should not be a problem. We just have to get everything ironed out on our end and find out where we are officially going. It will be through our website for this game so it will look different than the USC game. I should have it ready to go right around the same time as we go on sale to the public. Please relay to your people that they should wait to purchase through this offer.

I will keep you updated as more details become available.

I guess in the UConn over Cincy scenario, then Cincy is 8-4 and Belk would have to take us over them.
Actually, Cincy would only be 7-4 in this scenario. Only one of their FCS wins counts toward bowl eligibility.

7-4 vs. 7-5... gotta go with Otto!

i dont think the kids are being led into believing anything. where they want to go and where they do go can easily be different. but i know their preference.

the russell has admitted that we are under consideration. so lets say rutgers wins thrusday. you think they would take a lville team with 3 straight loses inclouding a whooping by us, over a team that while 7-5 has won 5 of 6, is playing the best ball right now and is the best offense in the BE which sells tickets? i think there is a very good chance they take us in that scenario.
yes, i say they take lville. 9-3 > every scenario you gave.

ive tried to say why the russell is 'considering' Syracuse, clearly my thought on it is not yours. again simply put...theyre being nice. will see Syracuse again in the future, so dont piss them off.

you just had to give me selling points.

9-3 sells it in the paper without my brain doing anything other than checking to see who is playing.

my bowl wishes for the team are 1st and foremost to WIN, to go to the most prestigious bowl possible, to make the most $$ and lastly for me to go.

hell, id rather them not go to the Pinstripe, it gives me a double whammy of bowl game and Giants-iggs.

id thank the russell for the pleasantries and move on. its either Belk or Pinstripe.