Fire and Sickness | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Fire and Sickness

So get this... I revisited The Player's Trunk on a whim tonight, little did I know they had an additional page for Erv Phillips along with Elijah Hughes (essentially everything for Eli has been sold). I am fired up I didn't get there earlier! I would have spent $100+ for this sweatshirt - in my size no less, similar to one I've been looking for & not available on the market. I'm salty!
Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 11.25.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 11.25.32 PM.png

However! I was able to pick up a pair of practice shorts with Erv's #3 on them, in my size, out of all the shorts initially available on there they are the ones I would have picked anyway... so a silver lining & I'm pleased with that! There's still a couple of items on there you might want to check out.
Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 11.29.32 PM.png

I’m still livid that I didn’t get a pair of Cuse Dunks.

And I’m baffled at what Nike is doing with dunks in general now. Impossible to get. Resalers snatching them all up with bots and putting them up for stupid prices.

Ridiculous. I should be able to go in a store and get a pair of dunks just like I can with Air Force 1s, Air Max 90s, etc.

And I’m baffled at what Nike is doing with dunks in general now. Impossible to get. Resalers snatching them all up with bots and putting them up for stupid prices.

Ridiculous. I should be able to go in a store and get a pair of dunks just like I can with Air Force 1s, Air Max 90s, etc.
Those days are ova my man. I have to bid on StockX and Flight Club to get almost anything now. Those Nike Dunk Highs Syracuse are $577 right now. I had them in like '89 when they came out, when they were like $70, those were the days.

Yeah, if you can’t get a pair of any Nike Dunks at the retail drop, it’s a wrap unless you’re willing to pay $300-$500 on resale. Stupid. I “collect” Dunks, but it’s really slowed in the last 2 years because of that financial spike

Edit: in a stunning turn of events last month I got the Off-White x Jordan 5 Sails on the SNKRS app, been sitting on them since... I can make back $300-$400, but may just keep them in the collection knowing they’re authentic & my first pair of Off-White anything in sneakers

Those days are ova my man. I have to bid on StockX and Flight Club to get almost anything now. Those Nike Dunk Highs Syracuse are $577 right now. I had them in like '89 when they came out, when they were like $70, those were the days.

The highs were under $100 just a year or two ago. Should’ve pulled the trigger.

I tried to get the lows this year...had all my info in, and hit the button instantly...nope. I’ve never got anything on the SNKRS app.

Shortly after that, they were on stockx, etc. for like 250-275 I think, and I couldn’t do it. Now they’re $500 +.

I despise SNKRS with the fire of a billion suns.

2016, was able to buy white cement 4’s probably 20 minutes after they came out on foot lockers website. Now I can’t even buy some damn Dunks?

Does anyone have a Syracuse Nike Parka that they want to sell?

I love cement 4s! Especially with NA on the back!

Me too. I’ve worn mine probably a good 200 times or so at this point. Still clean too. Though the netting has yellowed a bit.

It’s a sneaker that I wish I could always have a pair of. Hopefully they put it out again within the next few years, and it’s probably the one shoe I’d actually pay a few hundred over retail for.

View attachment 192641
are these worth anything?
One my greatest regrets was not taking advantage of the Nike college ID with the Dunks... I just had no idea at the time it was temporary the way it was. I’m jealous man, those are a keepsake

Me too. I’ve worn mine probably a good 200 times or so at this point. Still clean too. Though the netting has yellowed a bit.

It’s a sneaker that I wish I could always have a pair of. Hopefully they put it out again within the next few years, and it’s probably the one shoe I’d actually pay a few hundred over retail for.
I love cement 4s! Especially with NA on the back!
You guys are speaking my love language, The Cement 4’s with Nike Air are my favorite shoes of all time, I have a pair in the collection myself... just the best

Great get! I’m sure you had to pay handsomely for them, I’d love a pair myself at some point. Word on the street is Nike is re-releasing the Syracuse Dunk Highs this spring... would love to get them at the drop at retail, though it’s unlikely.

These are just DHGate shoes. Cost me $69 including shipping. I know a lot of people look down on using DHGate or similar services and I understand that. But I can’t justify spending $500 on sneakers to my wife.

Chris Fredrick’s player trunk just dropped recently, only a few items gone so far... this team issued jacket is still available, which may send DaCuse into shock;)
6ADFBFC7-95A7-4F39-8630-5D66E8764A57.png
D39D2A98-9E92-4F80-9C9C-0097C35EAA6D.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom