Votes: 238 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • I don’t know yet

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people will say that's why we need to ground and pound but i can't get past the roof. We need to be different from them. I understand people wanting to give up but I don't think we have truly committed to airing it out

The roof, and how often do we even play in bad weather where you can't pass? Most of our conference is below us, in nicer weather. All the games are over by end of November. No one cares about the bowl game.

Just go recruit the fastest guys you can find. Teach them how to run routes and catch a football.

And recruit a QB who can throw a spiral.

The roof, and how often do we even play in bad weather where you can't pass? Most of our conference is below us, in nicer weather. All the games are over by end of November. No one cares about the bowl game.

Just go recruit the fastest guys you can find. Teach them how to run routes and catch a football.

I am talking myself into tim lester and I need to stop

So many decent QB recruits just don't give us much. Go back to madei Williams, Cecil Howard, Andrew Robinson, Devito, Hunt, Drew Allen, Austin Wilson

Last edited:
he will be content to be fired and get a buyout. how about he resign and just get his last year salary
Retire early with a bonus. ;)

I think that last part is the Dolphins philosophy; working pretty well for them.

I am taking myself into tim lester and I need to stop

So many decent QB recruits just don't give us much. Go back to madei Williams, Cecil Howard, Andrew Robinson, Devito, Hunt, Drew Allen, Austin Wilson
Cecil Howard is an interesting one. I read an article about him and it sounded like he was a total headcase both at SU and after he left. I think he transferred to two different schools like a week apart or something like that. Still can’t believe he was a top 25 recruit in the nation his senior year.

Wilson wasn’t heavily recruited. And anytime Wilson touched the ball he looked like he was holding a hand grenade. Went to Coastal Carolina and didn’t do anything there either. I just don’t think he was very good. Not a decent recruit and not decent in general.

Hunt wasn’t that heavily recruited and I thought we got a ton more than I ever expected out of him his Soph year. I don’t think his ceiling was far beyond that. I wonder what the 2013 season would have looked like had he started out of the gate. Maybe we beat PSU to start the season. He got derailed by injuries his last 2 years but even before he was injured in 2014 he was showing his limitations.

Drew Allen, had all the tools. I wonder what it would have looked like had he had more time in our system rather than grad transferring in and being trotted out as a starter immediately. Had he had a year to really learn the system it probably would have helped him quite a bit but we’ll never know.

I honestly could care less if the HC hits the recruiting trail. If he hires competent staff members he shouldn’t have to outside of making closing appearances on official visits or maybe situationally to make a splash with a blue chip.

The HC personally wanting to be a recruiter themselves or personally wanting to recruit isn’t a necessity for a program to be successful. If they’re like that though and don’t have the foresight to hire a strong recruiting staff then yeah they’re in trouble.
If you’re at bama or Georgia yeah, I agree. Here u do everything u can. Period.

If you’re at bama or Georgia yeah, I agree. Here u do everything u can. Period.
It’s kind of hard to sell real candidates on the job when they have teams in conference with HC’s that aren’t expected to do that. Maybe that expectation is just another indication of how small time we are.

Yeah, agree. Don't think it's the sales pitch people want it to be. We've been playing under a roof for over forty years. The only school we compete against that has both bad weather and a choppy field is Pitt, and they offset it with NFL sharing facilities.

Yeah, agree. Don't think it's the sales pitch people want it to be. We've been playing under a roof for over forty years. The only school we compete against that has both bad weather and a choppy field is Pitt, and they offset it with NFL sharing facilities.
We've never pitched it, or backed up our pitches for very long

Cecil Howard is an interesting one. I read an article about him and it sounded like he was a total headcase both at SU and after he left. I think he transferred to two different schools like a week apart or something like that. Still can’t believe he was a top 25 recruit in the nation his senior year.

Wilson wasn’t heavily recruited. And anytime Wilson touched the ball he looked like he was holding a hand grenade. Went to Coastal Carolina and didn’t do anything there either. I just don’t think he was very good. Not a decent recruit and not decent in general.

Hunt wasn’t that heavily recruited and I thought we got a ton more than I ever expected out of him his Soph year. I don’t think his ceiling was far beyond that. I wonder what the 2013 season would have looked like had he started out of the gate. Maybe we beat PSU to start the season. He got derailed by injuries his last 2 years but even before he was injured in 2014 he was showing his limitations.

Drew Allen, had all the tools. I wonder what it would have looked like had he had more time in our system rather than grad transferring in and being trotted out as a starter immediately. Had he had a year to really learn the system it probably would have helped him quite a bit but we’ll never know.
I included Wilson because he struggled so much , he still underwhelmed. You're right that I shouldn't call him a decent recruit.

Whoever we get is worse than we think almost all the time

10 wins is a pretty dopey measurement. I wonder how many schools have actually had 10 wins during that time frame.

Last edited:
We've never pitched it, or backed up our pitches for very long

Eh, we get the players we're able to get. Your point on getting the McNabb's, etc is the most valid.

Firing Dino to move on to the next HC is like playin the same 'ol worn-out album hoping to hear a new song. We heard the new song when Dino came in. What ever became of "Orange is the new Fast?" Things didn't change over eight years. I am not optimistic they will with a new guy. We are no better at the end of his tenure than when he took over.

It appears we are searching for a new Savior, but until the University invests in more than a sparkling new Football Center, it will stay the same old program. JW and above don't have the interest and willingness to invest the money necessary to become anything more than a 6-win season and qualify for a low-level bowl game. That's what "good" is at Syracuse.

You won't get kids to come to Syracuse to play football when the goal is to be mediocre. Kids want to play for championships and when the Administration isn't committed, the recruits simply move on.
and again while I agree with it will be extremely tough for ANY coach to be successful at Syracuse the big money in college football comes from DONORS. And until Syracuse finds a coach that raise the floor and see what that ceiling actually looks like it will be exactly same old same old. But now more than ever with NIL etc the money needs to come from outside the University to a certain extent and that won't happen until they put a better product on the field for a few years. It's an awful pattern to be in. and I certainly don't blame the fanbase or donors because it's been that bad.

He got derailed by injuries his last 2 years but even before he was injured in 2014 he was showing his limitations
Scheduling Villanova for an FCS game was just stupid. They were one of the best teams in FCS that tear and picked by many to win it, Also Villanova wanted that game so bad because of the OBE. Next year the Orange have Holy Cross scheduled, if Chesney is still there, that game will be a big problem. If Hunt hadn't been injured, he would have led SU to 2 more bowls, the guy had some good skills and a strong will.

. . .

The Al Davis school of roster management and the NFL draft . . .

The first step is to recruit a strong offensive line, otherwise it does not matter how fast the skill players are when the QB is running for his life on every pass play where the receiver routes are more than five yards down field.

So checking in on the poll we have 223/235 votes stating fire Dino. And only 3 stating no. 8 stating IDK. Honestly when’s the last time this board has been this much on the same page LOL!

So honestly, it’s just a matter of time right cause if this diehard fan page decisively thinks this then the AD must too right (LOL)? I heard whispers I think on this board that there’s a date soon where buy out drops considerably? I feel like Dino is fired regardless and it all depends on the date of when we can fire him for the buy out benefits…. Idk just completely shooting from hip.

It’s kind of hard to sell real candidates on the job when they have teams in conference with HC’s that aren’t expected to do that. Maybe that expectation is just another indication of how small time we are.
I agree with ya but mentally I feel the coach should as it shows he cares and wants to win. We need a tough hard nosed coach who is ok with people trying to help the cause, winning. We have had some people on here offer a chance to talk to some pretty talented guys and Dino is to pig headed cause he didn’t find them or whatever the reason is. williams dad in Florida and the north carolina guy.

I agree with ya but mentally I feel the coach should as it shows he cares and wants to win. We need a tough hard nosed coach who is ok with people trying to help the cause, winning. We have had some people on here offer a chance to talk to some pretty talented guys and Dino is to pig headed cause he didn’t find them or whatever the reason is. williams dad in Florida and the north carolina guy.
We might as well go with Villari at QB, Perry at FB, and Allen and Price at HB.
Run the wishbone, we don't have an effective QB.
Would make blocking simple, just hit the guy in front of you.

I think your info is faulty.
I can pull up tweets posted on the recruiting forum showing Babers out on the road recruiting.

I was gonna say the same thing but figured I’d get challenged to link those posts and didn’t want to go look for them. I do remember earlier this year an article about him visiting a top recruit in nyc or Long Island.

I was gonna say the same thing but figured I’d get challenged to link those posts and didn’t want to go look for them. I do remember earlier this year an article about him visiting a top recruit in nyc or Long Island.
Maybe the point is that Babers doesn’t go on the road recruiting as much as he could be, or wants to be, and it’s a known thing amongst other teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom