Fire them into the sun | Syracusefan.com

Fire them into the sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Absolutely horrendous showing by the staff this season.

This gimmick offense is only somewhat productive because Allen and Villari are animals.

You cannot justify paying coaches to do this

That was rough to watch. Sure, there was a flicker of hope there in the 2nd half, but not really. Hell of a time for the defense to apparently wear out.

Missed the very end bc I had to go to the airport. It was a 2 point game (bc of 2 failed 2 point conversions). We were otherwise looking good.. I guess we didn't win...

The 50 yard FG attempt was a classic Babers bad call, among many.

The gimmick O worked against the 2-7 team, not the 5-5 team.

I can't wait until he's gone & will be tuning out his defenders.

Proud of the kids who keep fighting through this.

Missed the very end bc I had to go to the airport. It was a 2 point game (bc of 2 failed 2 point conversions). We were otherwise looking good.. I guess we didn't win...

The 50 yard FG attempt was a classic Babers bad call, among many.

The gimmick O worked against the 2-7 team, not the 5-5 team.

I can't wait until he's gone & will be tuning out his defenders.

Proud of the kids who keep fighting through this.
It would have been 38-22 had Tech not kneeled at the 1 yard line to run off the clock.

Close your eyes and imagine... Half full house, Syracuse and Wake. Cuse adds a few forward passes to the Wildcat/Veer playbook, the defense dominates, and the Orange rolls to bowl eligibility. It's a celebration on the field, and John Wildhack walks out to midfield with a microphone, does his best Vince McMahon and says... "Dino, thanks for everything, but you're... Fiiiiired!"

In a post game interview, Shrader announces that he'll be back for the bowl game. We smoke someone in the Whatever Bowl to go 7-6, and somewhere along the way we nail our head coaching hire...

Close your eyes and imagine... Half full house, Syracuse and Wake. Cuse adds a few forward passes to the Wildcat/Veer playbook, the defense dominates, and the Orange rolls to bowl eligibility. It's a celebration on the field, and John Wildhack walks out to midfield with a microphone, does his best Vince McMahon and says... "Dino, thanks for everything, but you're... Fiiiiired!"

In a post game interview, Shrader announces that he'll be back for the bowl game. We smoke someone in the Whatever Bowl to go 7-6, and somewhere along the way we nail our head coaching hire...
There’s nothing wrong with setting up a new coach with an easier bowl win to help with their offseason closing out the recruiting class / portal work.

There’s nothing wrong with setting up a new coach with an easier bowl win to help with their offseason closing out the recruiting class / portal work.
Plus, they can use those invaluable extra practices to get next season's QB acclimated into their new offensive scheme.
Wait, what?
Nevermind.

I can't imagine anyone watching SU vs WF over Michigan vs Ohio St next week

Absolutely horrendous showing by the staff this season.

This gimmick offense is only somewhat productive because Allen and Villari are animals.

You cannot justify paying coaches to do this
defense has been good/ to outstanding all year, despite being on the field MOST of the time. bad hc and offensive staff (penalties AGAIN). lack of talent particularly oline .

And we were able to save two timeouts. They carry over to the next game, right?

Wait, I thought those were points added on to the final score? That’s not why we save so many?

It wasn't long ago when we had a 4-5 string QB named Zach Mahoney. I won't argue that he was very good, but you could go down that far on the depth chart to get someone who was reasonably capable of passing. Down two QBs and now we're lost.

It's worse than that. The coaches didn't even trust any of them to take a snap to take the knee at the end of the first half.
It was so silly. You can take a knee out of the shotgun if you are that scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom